Windows Platform Maker DEMO

P

Piclet

Platform Maker allows you to make your own levels of platform, play them and share them with everyone. (Something similar to Mario Maker)

- English and Spanish languages.
- Support for joystick.
- Export and the import of levels.
- Support for record by level.
- More than 100 objects to place.
- Keys customization.
- Filters (requires more video memory and RAM)

Minimum requirements:

2GB of RAM
Processor at 1.8 GHz (2 CPU)
358 MB of video memory
Windows 7 or higher

Note: This Demo is limited to the creation of 2 scenes with 100 objects in each one.

VIDEOTUTORIAL

An introduction to Platform Maker game, explains the basic concepts to create and export a level.

*At the moment only in spanish

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3pf7bxs1j0scs/Plataform Maker DEMO.exe?dl=0

I ask help for:

* Bugs search.
* Errors on english language.
* Comments and suggestions.
* constructive criticism.

If anyone would like to participate in my project for the improvement in paragraph graphic and sound shall be taken into account by placing a sample of his work.

P.s. Share your created levels will be a pleasure to play them :)

(Shall be exported by default in: C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\_006_plataform_maker_b24_DEMO2\Niveles )
*AppData folder is usually hidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexde5th

Here's what I got to say...
• An installer? Yay...........
• The menu music is cheery and all, but its very repetitve...
• When placing blocks, why isn't there a shift or ctrl button to hold down making the blocks instead of repeatedly pressing to make them?
• Like RangerX said and how the game is, very Mario like.
• The music is... I don't even know how to describe it. It's not terrible, its just... it repeats way to much.
• Can someone PLEASE explain to me why down is to jump and by default its not W??
• The interface is quite easy to learn (at least for me it is)
• I made myself a level. Here's a youtube vid of it:
• At least when you win you get a nice little toon.
• Once again: Very mario like.
• The english is good.
• I kinda wish there would be tooltips when you hover over something long enough.
• Ok, im done here.
• score: INTERGER_SCORE_HERE_INVALID; Can use some work in some area's.
• Or something, I dont know.

E

Ethanicus

Well, from what I've seen, it's a pretty impressive level maker.
However, due to the similarity to Mario Maker both in concept and visual style, it would be impossible to go anywhere with this, if that's what you intended to do.

P

Piclet

@ alexde5th Thanks for your comment,
-well i know the music is the weak point, "If anyone would like to participate in my project for the improvement in paragraph graphic and SOUND" im contacting someone to improve.
-when you select a block (and other objects) a clone icon appears under the eraser.
-well the idea is play something like mario maker in a pc so yeah is very mario like, i accept suggestios to improve (im influenced by kaizo mario).
-main menu options you can remap all keys or use a joystick.
-"tooltips" is a good idea i was thinking on icons names.

@ Ethanicus Thanks for your comment, i never played mario maker, i saw some captures and gameplays.
-"it would be impossible to go anywhere with this" what do you mean, troubles whit the big N?

E

Ethanicus

@ alexde5th Thanks for your comment,
-well i know the music is the weak point, "If anyone would like to participate in my project for the improvement in paragraph graphic and SOUND" im contacting someone to improve.
-when you select a block (and other objects) a clone icon appears under the eraser.
-well the idea is play something like mario maker in a pc so yeah is very mario like, i accept suggestios to improve (im influenced by kaizo mario).
-main menu options you can remap all keys or use a joystick.
-"tooltips" is a good idea i was thinking on icons names.

@ Ethanicus Thanks for your comment, i never played mario maker, i saw some captures and gameplays.
-"it would be impossible to go anywhere with this" what do you mean, troubles whit the big N?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Nintendo would drive you into the ground with copyright.

Z

zminusone

Hey, I think it looks super sweet! Copy the hell out of Nintendo ;)

Also get back to me on here about the sound/music I might be able to help you out!

Here's a link to my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/zminusone (demo reel is the first track)

There's kind of a ton of music there, so here's a playlist that is maybe more relevant... sort of in the "cute/casual" genre: https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/sets/casual-kids-cute

-Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone who's never played Mario Maker, you've done an amazing job creating a near 1:1 rip of it. Yes, if this game ever goes anywhere, Nintendo will probably c&d or sue you. You might want to change it a bit. :p

That said, it looks well made. Good job building this. You just need to change things up a bit if you want to distribute it safely.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Yeah, I'll just concur that making everything a blatant expy of Super Mario Maker characters/interface is not going to be a good idea... apart from Nintendo getting salty about it, I'm pretty sure a lot of players will get a bad first impression of you showing zero creativity. I would change up the user interface so that it's not a blatant copy of SMM, maybe change the name as well to avoid the "trying to be mistaken for the real product" copyright clause, and definitively change the graphics so the enemies and items can't be mixed up with goombas, koopas and boos.

F

FishyWhater

I made a video on it.

I hate how you have to click to place each block, and you move with the arrow keys, but jump with W?
Also, this is basically Mario Maker.

I did like the graphics though. The level editor seems to work nicely, and the music is good. But please, this is Mario!

T

Tirous

I made a video on it.

I hate how you have to click to place each block, and you move with the arrow keys, but jump with W?
Also, this is basically Mario Maker.

I did like the graphics though. The level editor seems to work nicely, and the music is good. But please, this is Mario!

If your gonna call 'MM RIPOFF WTF!?!?!?' then you could at least make that the topic of your vid, lol ;D

F

FishyWhater

If your gonna call 'MM RIPOFF WTF!?!?!?' then you could at least make that the topic of your vid, lol ;D
I played a MM ripoff, so I am sure "Mario Maker Ripoff" is a fitting title.

P

Piclet

@FishyWhater
hi there, im glad u play my game, see the tutorial (and read the first comment) or maybe try all the fuctions, the bug languages idk is the first time happend (and im sure cant happent) and also ane more thing, how old are u? too much hate on your video whats the point?

RangerX

At least the video has been useful for 2 things:

- There's a language bug
- There's no collision on the side of your blocks

F

FishyWhater

@FishyWhater
hi there, im glad u play my game, see the tutorial (and read the first comment) or maybe try all the fuctions, the bug languages idk is the first time happend (and im sure cant happent) and also ane more thing, how old are u? too much hate on your video whats the point?
I said I liked the music and the graphics are nice, but yeah, I am better at point out negatives than positives.

A couple of suggestions: Fix the langauge bug, and make it possible to hold and place blocks rather than clicking multiple times.

Oh and I like the autotiling and the background.

P

Piclet

@FishyWhater
jeje ok lets say it
-thanks but i think the musik is the weak point.
-graphics, yes nice (fist attemp making pixelart)
-RIPOFF i say Semi Clone
-language bug, hmm im sure thats cant be happent, when u selec a languaje u pick a variable from a matriz (mat_language[0,n] for English and mat_language[1,n] for Spanish, any one have this bug?
-collision on the blocks sides, well that block work like that just collision on the top, when u pick this block under this are a totally solid block.
-A clone button appears rigth side (yellow doble Qblocks icon) when u select certain objects u can enable this to place multiple what ever u pick. (a button? yes because im thinking to release it for movile devices too)

if u like see the tutorial, yeah is in spanish but seeing it you will understand how certain things can do, (if u have time to rec, edit and upload a vid u have 13 min to see it =))

💩💩💩💩ty english sorry.