• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Plasma Guardian

F

FROGANUS

nice! i like your design style.
seems like you could add some scoring system and a longer sequence of generated levels and it would be a wrapped up game.
did you have any other development plans/ideas?
a gameplay complaint i have to mention is the mouse going off the edge can be frustrating. could it be locked somehow or fullscreen could help this..
also, if its a small room game maybe you can get away with more debris like if the enemy bits didn't fade away when they died?
oh also also the movement burst sprite get really big if you move quickly maybe you could cap it at a certain point, just a nitpick.
cheers!

woodsmoke

Thank you. The monochrome silhouette style is a big time saver when it comes to sprite creation.

I'm not keen on a score system. I think there will be waves/levels that you only must survive at all costs.
There will be a new enemy type in the game soon. (space crabs).

Good idea, I'll see if I can force the mouse to not go out of the room.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

woodsmoke

Mouse going off edge fixed.
Burst sprite size limiter.
UI improved.
Looking into more debris.

Last edited:

woodsmoke

Added special effects when you get hit.

Added big screen-shake when buildings collapse. Small screen-shake when enemies explode. Menu got screen-shake too now! ^^

[ New version has been uploaded ]

Last edited: