Free Planetary Kaleidoscope

W

Wraithious

Planetary Kaleidoscope is a free space educational app that gives you a visual of what gravity waves would look like over time between any planets you choose in our solar system creating awesome planetary signature kaleidoscopic designs.

With the year 2018 suspected to be one of the biggest years in space exploration and technology I have created a fun and educational app to celebrate that lets you "see" the gravitational lines between the planets in our solar system. With this app you can choose to draw color coded lines from any planet to any other planet, resulting in a kaleidoscope image. You can speed up or slow down the planet's orbital speed around the sun from not moving all the way to 40,000x top speed, observe the days and years that go by relative to each planet, and track each planet's seasons. The starting positions of the planets in orbit around the sun are the actual positions the planets were in on 2/6/2018 and should remain correct upon opening and running the app for hundreds of years into the future.
Planetary Kaleidoscope is a free and ad free application available for Windows and Android.

Download Planetary Kaleidoscope for Windows
Download Planetary Kaleidoscope for Android
You can find the Planetary Kaleidoscope Homepage HERE

Instructions:
Menu buttons:
Press 'change planet' to change planet to make gravity lines from.
Press up or down to change planet to make gravity lines to.
Press left to decreases speed, press right to increase speed.
Press 'draw lines' or 'clear lines' to draw or erase lines.
Press seasons image to toggle focus level.
Press planet image for info.

Other info:
Press 'ESC' or 'BACKSPACE' to exit the app.
On Windows operating systems this app is very graphics intensive when drawing lines and you may
need to long press buttons if they don't respond right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wraithious

Yea, I listed it as educational on the play store, so its basically a visual educational display of the gravitational kaleidoscopic dance of our planets.

A

Akai

I see, then would be great if you can add more bright colour and cartoon feature in the game, kids always like colourful stuff. Just my idea, you don't have to take it too serious,

W

Wraithious

I see, then would be great if you can add more bright colour and cartoon feature in the game, kids always like colourful stuff. Just my idea, you don't have to take it too serious,
It's not specifically designed for children. It's actually made for any age or scientific level of player. All the planets draw lines that are allready color coded to match the color of the planet and change to the color of the target planet, but I could add 2 color knobs the player can use to change the colors so thats a good idea I may implement in a future update, thanks for your input