• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED place_meeting collision detection flip-flopping between true and false, with the same value

STANN.co

I'm working on a little top-down RPG kinda game. And am making a path-finding system for npc's.
Cutting the fluff, i'm having trouble with some collision detection. I was debugging for several hours until i narrowed my problem down to this.
1584979326057.png1584979335671.png
What you're looking at here. Is a path generated with mp_grid_path. (that's the green line) And then i'm trying to simplify that path, by iterating over each point to see if it can be shortened.
And i found a problem when using the place_meeting function here. Check the 2 screenshots. And look in the watch window. Left picture collision_detected is true. right picture collision_detected is false. But place_meeting get's the EXACT same input in both pictures. the pathX and pathY values are the same. Somehow changing the length of the green path, makes it flip-flop between true or false. I thought it might be a GMS2 bug. But i was suggested to share here before reporting further.

Appreciate any and all help