Windows Pixoban Redux

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
PageHeader.png

Pixo has been abducted by dirty aliens! Can you help him tidy up their ship?

GET IT NOW ON GAMEJOLT FOR $0.99

GET IT FREE ON ANDROID (with IAP to remove ads)

In this retro-styled sokoban game your task is to help Pixo tidy up the alien ship by placing all the crates of rubbish on the airlocks so the aliens can blow them out into space. But the crates are too heavy to pull and can only be pushed through the ship's corridors, so take care not to box yourself in!

Pixoban_Screenshot_3.png

Features
The game features 252 levels of enchanting pixel art and mind bending puzzles, as well as an easy going soundtrack and fun sound effects. Oh, and do well and the aliens will reward Pixo with a new hat from their collection! Complete all 252 levels and they'll give you the famed "Pixoban Crown"... The game is controlled with gamepad (recommended) or keyboard/mouse, and has been re-programmed and optimised for desktop gaming.

Additional Information
When making this game, I had decided beforehand that I wanted to make a pure puzzle game that can be played by everyone - something that looked slick and played nice but cut back on the "fluff" which so many games have and that concentrated on a single puzzle mechanic. The choice of game was obvious to me... sokoban! It's always been a favourite game type of mine, and it has one of the simplest and cleanest game mechanics out there. So, warning! This game does NOT have any fancy levelling up, nor spectacular weapons, nor magic, nor anything except an endearing character and brain twisting sokoban puzzles! If that's enough for you then please give it the big thumbs up. :)

Pixoban_Screenshot_2.png Pixoban_Screenshot_6.png Pixoban_Screenshot_5.png

Last edited:
G

Greenhawk

Saw this on the front page of itch.io a few days ago. Looked amazing. Wish i could by it :(

R

Roger Robertson

Lots of thought had to go into this. Gameplay, art, and effects show that GameMaker can be a serious engine for 2D. Good work.

jazzzar

I saw your game on the play store and it looks really cool, it's sad how we spend much time making a game and than we go unnoticed, i'm about to release my game on android after a few days, and i'm legit scared :/

Joe Ellis

Woah this is super pixelly, you've definitely outdone the pixel vibe, and the game has the word pixel in it, well almost
Have you made this on your own or with a team?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Woah this is super pixelly, you've definitely outdone the pixel vibe, and the game has the word pixel in it, well almost
I like pixels. Sue me. :p

Have you made this on your own or with a team?
I work on my own and outsource anything I can't do or don't have time to do (in this game, that was just the music, but other things I've done I've outsourced graphics as well).