Legacy GM Pixels Per Metre

K

KriLL

Hi all,

I have a bit of an issue with Pixels per Metre, Gravity and Physics awake.

If I have a 1920x1080 room @ 60 fps
Y Gravity is set to 45
Pixels per meter is set to 0.05

This gives me what I feel to be fast moving objects and objects in free fall feel like they are falling at the correct speed. Overall it results in decent gameplay.

However due to the pixels per meter being changed. If 2 objects are set to physics asleep and are moved 1 to 4 pixels away from each other they still interact and fall to the floor even though their collision masks are not touching.

Now if I change pixel per meter to 0.25 2 objects can be 1 pixel away and not interact on room start with physics asleep. This is great as I have boxes stacked on top of each other. However a pixels per meter of 0.25 makes the game feel like its in slow motion.

How do I get decent game play speed and objects not interacting unless they are touching....

Have any of you found some decent values that result in the above?

S

Supercoder

You could mess around with the physics_world_update_speed(default is 30) and physics_world_update_iterations(default is also 30), which can help smooth the game out

K

KriLL

Hi thanks for your reply. Is that the same as steps per second as I have it currently set to 60 steps?

K

KriLL

Just read about thise commands will give them a go thanks :)

K

KriLL

No problem. Tell me if it works!
Hey bud that worked thanks it speeds up the game. I found there was a direct relationship to the pixel per meter speed. If I set it from 0.05 to 0.25 then I had to increase all of my forces 5x over including gravity and then update the physics work 5 times quicker to get the same desired speed.

Cheers :)