Released Pixelite Realms

T

tjheldna

Hi Game Makers,

I'm pleased to post about my first production release of Pixelite Realms. This is a game where 2D platformer meets a farming RPG. Make gaming history and be one of the first to download and play, your support is appreciated. Available on the Google Play Store, Apple App Store or Windows Platform.

Background
The realm of Pixelite, a land of friend and foe, many dangers and great fortune. The inhabitants are as diverse as the level of technology they wield. Using skill and weaponry, battle and explore the Realm of Pixelite for loot and upgrades. The battles begin as the realm of good people of Pixelite has been overrun by the evil robot army of Cyclonius. Battle the rooms and upgrade your toons.

Collect and transform your inhabitants of Pixelite into the mightiest toon's in the Realm.

This has been such a fun and challenging game to make and Game Maker 2. Good documentation and so much information with examples on the forums and internet; contributions on the marketplace there rarely needed any help elsewhere.

Features:
  • Play in a retro style environment.
  • Unlock map locations, weapons, rooms and toons.
  • Traverse Levels, evade traps and loot discover loot items.
  • Daily rewards and complete quests.
  • Collect and upgrade your toons.
  • Discover hidden secret areas.
  • Fight enemies.
Release 1.0.4 (Current)
  • Firebase account create/sign in.
  • Firebase reset password.
  • Start migratmion of data cloud storage.
  • New Pixite Castle Levels.
  • New Enemies.
  • New Map Location - Bizzare Bazzar (buy/sell items).

Release 1.0.3 (Released)

• Boss battle finalise
  • New map location Pixite Castle.
  • Inventory Room - View your loot .
  • Rewarded ads and banner ads removed
  • New Toon 'Rogue Like' First female toon.
  • Bug fix: Crystals not added to inventory. Compensation of 15 crystals will be awarded to all existing players.

Release 1.0.2 (Released)

• Stat balancing
  • Bug fixes
  • Rate game button on Android and iOS
  • Boss Battle WIP not available in this release

Release 1.0.1 (Released)

• Released on the App Store.
  • Added: jumping resets your attack cool down. Making jump attacks easier.
  • Added: Notification Icon if you have a quest or prize to be claimed when viewing the map.
  • Added: New Daily Quest added: Defeat 10 Enemies.
  • Added: new level Dark Pixel VII.
  • Added: Crystal Pickups.
  • Modified: Dark Pixel Lobby
  • Added: Boss Level Doorway. (Currently not enabled for entry)
  • Bug Fixes and Optimisations.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Toque

Sorry I don’t have android. Looks great.

Animations are good. I see animations that are too stiff in other games.

This is good animation. Well done.

T

tjheldna

Thanks, the animations are all done in spine so they all blend nicely. iOS Release will hopefully be up by the end of the week.

Niels

Just played it for a few minutes and zi quite liked it.
Just a few tips:
-wouldn't call the characters "toons", sound more professional to call then "adventurers", or just "characters"
-the attacks have quite a few frames before they actuall sword swing happens, it does make the attacks feel a bit slow.
-the controls are nice when walking around, but the 2 buttons are sometimes hard to hit (maybe a more elegant solution would be swiping up to jump, tapping right side of screen to attack)

T

tjheldna

Hi Niels,

Thanks for playing, its made my day!!!

You can see your attack speed as a progress overlay on your weapon icon, its quite faint this is probably whats stopping you from jump attacking. As your toons XP is upgraded the attack becomes a lot more faster, jumps become higher etc. It could be that this system is not the best.

I had a couple of thoughts to improve:

1) A jump with melee attack is not effected by the cooldown and your allowed one attack per jump.
2) Instead of cooldowns effecting the attack time maybe the attack damage amount is effected. I'll revisit this system. Id have to ballance this out with the ai too.

While developing initially jump was swipe, however I found that a double jump was really hard to master. I get what your saying though the buttons can be a bit problematic.

I'll test a few things out and see what the resuts are, nailing the controls is very important. Your feedback its really appreciated!

T

tjheldna

Hi All,

Pixelite Realms has been updated to v1.0.1 and is available to download on Android, Windows and now on iOS in the app store. In this release I have focused on a little more polish and the iOS build. All the while working on a boss fight which is not released in this build.

Download on itch.io

Change List:
  • Released on the App Store.
  • Added: jumping resets your attack cool down. Making jump attacks easier.
  • Added: Notification Icon if you have a quest or prize to be claimed when viewing the map.
  • Added: New Daily Quest added: Defeat 10 Enemies.
  • Added: new level Dark Pixel VII.
  • Added: Crystal Pickups.
  • Modified: Dark Pixel Lobby
  • Added: Boss Level Doorway. (Currently not enabled for entry)
  • Bug Fixes and Optimisations.
Regards,
GMD

T

tjheldna

Hi All,

Pixelite Realms has been updated to v1.0.2 and is available to download on iOS, Android, Windows.

Links to download on itch.io

Change List:
  • Rate Game button
  • Fix Level Flaws
  • Fix particles effecting jump pads
  • Fix Ledge Grab.
  • Fix Level Collision issues.

Now that I believe most of the issues are out of the way updates wont be as frequent but will contain more features and content. I'm seeing some really positive signs in the games useage stats and for that I'd like to say thanks!

Regards,
GMD

T

tjheldna

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the latest update for Pixelite Realms on iOS, Android and Windows. This is a significant update tackling a boss battle; reward ad chest (gives you toon tokens for a newly added toon); view your loot and many more features. The Windows build was removed for a period of time due to a few major issues that needed to be addressed. These issues occurred because the game was initially only going to be available to play on a device. With this update, the Windows release is available again and I will continue to develop for this stream. If you have any comments or suggestions it would be appreciated.

There also was a bug fixed where crystals were not added to your inventory. I've added 15 blue crystals to existing users to compensate. The game will not work on some devices with the current issues with game maker android YYC export (cant find 7i architecture on some older devices) but I've had to roll with it. Hope this issue is fixed soon and apologies to those effected.

I now begin to integrate Firebase into the project to enable cloud storage of data; a shops buy items and sell, loot found in levels. Initial results are very promising with the Firebase plugin by Kaguva. Well worth the money and support is great.

I plan a bug fix release or two which will include more content before the next major update and I hope you enjoy spending a little or a lot of time in the realm!

Download links on itch.io

A

afilionComposer

Just played the game for a bit and I have to say that the gameplay mechanics are top notch! Love the UI and UX also :) Could use some more upbeat music in the dungeons.. though that is subjective :p

T

tjheldna

Glad you like it, thanks for your comments. Must admit, music is the area I have little experience working with and am unable to create my own.

T

tjheldna

Pixelite Realms release v1.0.9 is now available to download on iOS, Android and Windows Platforms. This is a release has a large number of new features, visual, audio and code improvements. Most notably a new soundtrack has been created for the game along with many new sfx created by Afilion Music.

Download options on itch.io

Current Devlog on itch.io

Current Release 1.0.9
  • Avatar Selection: you can now select a different toon for use in lobby rooms. The toon aliance does not matter in this case.
  • The Reptilites have invaded Pixite Castle! Battle these fierce creatures as the adventure rolls on.
  • New Pixelite Reams logo.
  • Training Realm available. Giving a playable and more in depth overview of how to play while in a Realm.
  • Many bug fixes and optimisations.
  • Improvements everywhere. Many new sprites are now animated along with some behavior changes making for a better experience.
  • New game preview video available.
I'm getting close to finishing the shop, where you can buy and sell items using in game currancy for the next release.

Regards
GMD

T

tjheldna

Hi Sideral,

Thanks for the feedback and for playing! and sorry for the late reply. During development I thought it would be a good idea to have the attack rate effected by the stats, with the speed increasing upgrade your toon. I'm now thinking this might need to change.

The change I could make easily would be to statically set the rate of attack and holding your attack button increases your attack power. Your stats effect how quickly your power charges and your max attack power. With a change like that I would have to increase enemy volume, adjust the HP's etc. While this was never designed to be a fast paced game I think this change is called for.

Thanks again!

T

tjheldna

Pixelite Realms release v1.1.3 is now available to download on iOS, Android. This release adds some new functionality to the mix.

Download options on itch.io

Current Release 1.1.3
  • Random Encounters are new to the realm. Four random encounters will become available on the map at designated times every day in a random location on the map. Explore these and loot everything in sight as quickly as possible, there is a time limit.

• New Toon - Bomb-Bard with his arsonal of explosive Lutes.

• New Toon - Reptilite Gunner (Not yet farmable).

• Shop Item - Bomb-Bard added to the shop item rotation.

• New Item - VHS Tape Artefact and they have not been rewinded!

• Bomb-Bard - Tokens Available in shop.

• Bug Fix - Ranged weapons not animating properly.

• HeyZap integration.
bombBardReptiliteGunner.png

Release 1.1.4 (approx 24th Nov)

This release will be a bug and optimistion release.
  • Fix rewarded add not resetting chest if closed early and no rewards given. - FIXED

• Optimised beginner tutorials also with better fade in/out - DONE

• Fix toon Armoury button not working properly in all situations.

Regards,

GMD

T

tjheldna

It has been a few releases without posting my release notes, however development never ceases.

Version 1.2.0 of Pixelite Realms is now available.Play for free on the App Store or Google Play Store.

This release includes:

• New Realm 'Forsaken Bit' with two new levels which unlockes at Player Level 4.

• ️ Map Locators show the direction to open realms when off screen.

• ️ Map Banners now fold and unfold depending on view distance.

• Centrix can now double jump. I'm removing that limitation altogether as it makes levels harder to design.

• New Enemies.

• Many fixes and new optimisations.

If you do give it a play, please leave a quick star rating if possible. I'm always interested for feedback good or bad, it's how I improve!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy playing!

Regards,
GMD