• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Pixelated Text

G

GameDetective

I am having a problem with the text coming out weird and pixelated. I dont know what to do to fix it. I have read some stuff on scaling but I dont know how to do that. If you dont know what I am talking about here is a picture

It looks wrong to me

D

dugtrioramen

I am having a problem with the text coming out weird and pixelated. I dont know what to do to fix it. I have read some stuff on scaling but I dont know how to do that. If you dont know what I am talking about here is a picture

It looks wrong to me
Yeah in game maker, text characters are treated as sprites. So when you resize the text, it will lose quality and pixelate the way a sprite would.

If you want it to look just like the actual font, you should make another font asset with a different font size.

Also when you scale the font bigger it becomes pixelated.
when you scale down, the quality is still good but there's a chance that some parts of a letter may disappear if you scale down too much.

G

GameDetective

Yeah in game maker, text characters are treated as sprites. So when you resize the text, it will lose quality and pixelate the way a sprite would.

If you want it to look just like the actual font, you should make another font asset with a different font size.

Also when you scale the font bigger it becomes pixelated.
when you scale down, the quality is still good but there's a chance that some parts of a letter may disappear if you scale down too much.
Ok what do you mean by make another font asset?