iOS Pixel Craft-Space Shooter(Featured by Apple)

Y

Yunbin Xie

Hi, I am Xie Yunbin, a Chinese Game developer.
Here is my 2nd game on iOS and Android named "Pixel Craft-Space Shooter".
It's a shoot-em-up game with pixel art.Fortunely it was featured by Apple on Feb 2nd and got a good revenue.So I am very thank of the Yoyo Games.Because of the Game Maker Studio,I can make my game developing dream comes ture.

Here is my game's description, hope you like it.

You can download it on App Store or Google Play.
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1164236087#
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsolutegames.minespace

=======================================Description===============================================

Take control of a space craft traveling through a hostile, pixelated world. Battle a huge variety of enemy ships and bosses, and upgrade and unlock over 30 different crafts!

Face off with 8 bosses, all with their own unique abilities and weaknesses. Get ready for exciting new missions, powerful enemies, and breathtaking boss battles!

FEATURES
- Atmospheric levels with diverse missions to complete
- Memorable battles with enormous bosses
- 30+ crafts to collect
- 10+ super weapons ready for battle
- Upgrade your shield, machine gun, super weapon, nuclear bomb and magnet

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blakkid489

This actually fun. I can't get passed the first boss but I haven't stopped trying

Y

Yunbin Xie

This actually fun. I can't get passed the first boss but I haven't stopped trying
Thanks~~
I am working on the new version now,planing add some new planes,bosses,enemies,and a wingman system~

J

James Maxwell

Okay, so I was a bit skeptical at first. Seeing how this was your typical space shooter styled game that is. Boy was I wrong. It's a really fun game and time passes so fast for me when playing. I'm hooked!

M

mysticjim

Mate, your game looks beautiful, and from reading the comments on here it sounds like it plays good too. I'm going to check it out as soon as my son's android tablet has charged (he keeps running it empty playing damn Minecraft Pocket Edition, grrr!)

I'm thinking I might feature it on the showcase section of the Gamemaker themed podcast I'm in the process of creating.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/a-gamemaker-podcast.22496

I'll post some feedback on here once I've had chance to play it :)

M

mysticjim

Hey,

I finally got to download and play it :)

I quite enjoyed it. So, I played it on a 7" android tablet, ran through the training level and fought my way through the first couple of levels. I liked the simplicity of the controls - the fact you don't have to worry about the business of firing your main guns yourself is quite interesting, it means you can just focus on the business of moving the plane out of the way of the on-rushing enemies is pretty cool. I'd have to question why the button to let off the bomb is right there in the playing area, though - I managed to set it off accidentally whilst trying to manoeuvre the plane through a hail of bullets!

I really like the looks of the graphics, it's got a great, bright palette of vibrant colours, and I really loved the music too.

I'm not very good at this game, well - shooters in general, but I enjoyed it and will give it another go, and I definitely think it's a fantastic example that I'm going to include in the first episode of my Gamemaker podcast.

Very nice work, dude :)

Just downloaded. Plays very nicely and looks great! And it seems like you monetized it extremely well!! Good job man! :D Congrats on the App Store feature!

Y

Yunbin Xie

Thanks everyone~I am glad that so many developers like it! You give me the power to keep on my developing road!

Y

Yunbin Xie

Hey,

I finally got to download and play it :)

I quite enjoyed it. So, I played it on a 7" android tablet, ran through the training level and fought my way through the first couple of levels. I liked the simplicity of the controls - the fact you don't have to worry about the business of firing your main guns yourself is quite interesting, it means you can just focus on the business of moving the plane out of the way of the on-rushing enemies is pretty cool. I'd have to question why the button to let off the bomb is right there in the playing area, though - I managed to set it off accidentally whilst trying to manoeuvre the plane through a hail of bullets!

I really like the looks of the graphics, it's got a great, bright palette of vibrant colours, and I really loved the music too.

I'm not very good at this game, well - shooters in general, but I enjoyed it and will give it another go, and I definitely think it's a fantastic example that I'm going to include in the first episode of my Gamemaker podcast.

Very nice work, dude :)
Hi Mysticjim,

Thanks, I am very glad that you enjoy it.I am not very good in English. Is that mean you will make a mistake when moving the plane and press the bomb button by accident? If so ,you can try to change the bomb button side. You can find that button with a finger on Pausing/Setting page.

And the BGM is create by my friend. If you have any interesting project that need an indie BGM, you can contact him by Email [email protected].

Thanks again~

P

Parzival

Very awesome game. Great pixel art and soundtrack. Do you have any advice for getting featured on the App Store? (Obviously the quality of your game got you there, but did you reach out to anyone who opened the gate?)

Y

Yunbin Xie

Very awesome game. Great pixel art and soundtrack. Do you have any advice for getting featured on the App Store? (Obviously the quality of your game got you there, but did you reach out to anyone who opened the gate?)
Thanks. About the feature, my publisher Appsolute Games do all the things about it. I just support him some screenshot and preview video. So my advice is, find a good publisher when you are not famous enough.

P

Piyo

The bosses are so fun and colorful, plus your game has fantastic pixel art and music ~!

D

dan_j

Hi Xie,

Congrats on the game, really like it. I like the idea of working on a bullet hell game sometime in the future, any advice on how you did the bullet patterns? Also did you run into any memory/performance issues on mobile with all the bullet instances etc?

Awesome work!

H

hrtstudios

Looks really well done, congrats on getting featured by apple!

Y

Yunbin Xie

Hi Xie,

Congrats on the game, really like it. I like the idea of working on a bullet hell game sometime in the future, any advice on how you did the bullet patterns? Also did you run into any memory/performance issues on mobile with all the bullet instances etc?

Awesome work!
Hi,Dan_j

Sorry for late.

I use the Particle Functions.You can learn it from the demo named "Particles" on the start page of GMS.

There will be a little slow down when create too many bullets, especially on Android devices.

D

dan_j

Thanks for the heads up, reminds me I never did go through all those YoYo official tutorials! Congrats again on an excellent game, the upgrades, difficulty progression and monetisation is spot on.