• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Pixel Blurriness Issue from Starting Up the Game

For context, I'm new to video game development as a whole. I've watched many videos and tutorials on how to develop a Top-Down Rogue-Like game using DnD. But I came across an issue I just can't fix.

How to properly render my sprites from characters to tile-sets.

I do know the following rules for preparing a room in that I must properly adjust the room and camera’s width and height to fill all my assets. I assume that the Viewport Properties size must be adjusted to be larger than room in order to get a better resolution. But no matter how big the size is I just can’t get rid of the pixel’s blurriness when booting up the game. Using a normal square I made in the GMS2 program when work fine however.

I’m working with 16 by 16 pixel resolution and my room size is 320 by 240. The Camera Proportions are the same size as the room. I currently have my Viewport Properties at 3 times the size of my room at 960 by 720. I’m at a loss here and would appreciate any help from the community.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Ensure that you have disabled the "Interpolate Colours Between Pixels" option in the Game Settings: https://manual-en.yoyogames.com/Settings/Game_Options/Windows.htm
Other than that, the camera/view properties you state seem fine, but you don't mention the application surface... If you want "proper" pixel graphics, it should be set to 320x240 too, or if you want a "cleaner" pixelated effect set it to 960x720 (use surface_resize()). Also, a screenshot showing the issue would be helpful. :)