Windows Pixel Beef Battle

Dagolard

Hey guys, I finished my first completely self made PC game with game maker studio 2

You can buy the Game here at
Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/831180/Pixel_Beef_Battle/

Itch.io:
https://jojobar.itch.io/pixel-beef-battle

"This must be the ultimate Multiplayer Battle Mode Game out there"

-Random NPC from Pixel Beef Battle

Pixel Beef Battle is a modern couch-coop- and PvP multiplayer game inspired by classic Plattformers of the Super Nintendo Era. You play together or against each other, mastering the always increasing difficulty and unlocking new characters. Use your Skills and Power-Ups to beat as many enemies as possible and collect diamonds to level up.

Features:

• 1-4 Player Couch Coop Multiplayer
  • 2-4 Player Couch PvP Multiplayer
  • 10 Unlockable Characters
  • Level Result Statistics
  • Playable Main Menu Evolves Over Play Time
  • Soundtrack by Robert Kilpatrick

Level03_02.png PBB Underground.jpg PBB-Screeni02.png PBB-Screeni03.png

Last edited:
C

ChrisMG12

OMG, The Graphics are amazing. Are they vector or raster images.

Dagolard

OMG, The Graphics are amazing. Are they vector or raster images.
Hey thx a bunch :) !!1!
all ingame graphics are in done in photoshop without using vector tools (so pixel / raster images). the logo on the other hand was done as a vector graphic :)

C

ChrisMG12

great quality visuals. It looks simple and clean, that's what made me think it was vector because of how smooth everything is.

D

Destal

Looks amazing. What size do you use for the characters? I'm trying to find out a size that fits my tastes for my own art.

Dagolard

Looks amazing. What size do you use for the characters? I'm trying to find out a size that fits my tastes for my own art.
Hey sorry for late answer :)
Thx for the compliment :)
I used 64x64 pixel sized characters... I think pure size wise it's fine (if you aim for 1920 x 1080) but when i started pixeling characters i was not very experienced in pixel by pixel graphics...so in my next pixel game i will reduce the resolution a lot.

D

Destal

Hey sorry for late answer :)
Thx for the compliment :)
I used 64x64 pixel sized characters... I think pure size wise it's fine (if you aim for 1920 x 1080) but when i started pixeling characters i was not very experienced in pixel by pixel graphics...so in my next pixel game i will reduce the resolution a lot.
Thanks! 64x64 takes some time to draw. But sometimes in 16x16 or even 32x32 I feel like it's too much pixelised (at least when I do it, but probably not when someone good in pixel art do it and masterize anti-aliasing patterns).

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I feel like the title could've been a little more creative. I've seen a ton of games with "pixel" in the title. Just gets bland after a while. That aside, this is a great game, love the visuals and level design. I agree with Nocturne that this needs to be submitted to the showcase! :D

Dagolard

I feel like the title could've been a little more creative. I've seen a ton of games with "pixel" in the title. Just gets bland after a while. That aside, this is a great game, love the visuals and level design. I agree with Nocturne that this needs to be submitted to the showcase! :D
Yeah guess your right. to be honest i not thought to much about the name. It was inspired by a Youtube show that i sometimes watch called "royal beef". there 4 people competing in a random chosen game. That inspired me doing this game :).

Anyways thanks and thanks to @Nocturne
As soon as it's out on Steam i will submit it to the showcase :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
We are now Live on Steam :)
Woohoo! Congrats! Hope it does well for you!

As soon as it's out on Steam i will submit it to the showcase :)
Don't forget... ;)

EDIT: uh-oh... :/

upload_2018-4-21_14-24-51.png

Had to exit and restart...

EDIT EDIT: Apart from that wee hiccup, the game plays well! Movement is slick and fairly precise, music is great, sound is funny and appropriate, and the gameplay is very good! Can't wait to try playing 2player with my son later!

Last edited:

Dagolard

Woohoo! Congrats! Hope it does well for you!

Don't forget... ;)

EDIT: uh-oh... :/

View attachment 17892

Had to exit and restart...

EDIT EDIT: Apart from that wee hiccup, the game plays well! Movement is slick and fairly precise, music is great, sound is funny and appropriate, and the gameplay is very good! Can't wait to try playing 2player with my son later!
Thx for purchasing the game :)
I will take a look into that bug.
can you describe how it happen? or you just jumped from the side on the button?

I just submitted it to the showcase :)

let me know how it worked out for you and your son :). The game is made for multiplayer.

Dagolard

Pixel Beef Battle just got a huge update.

-new hidden character
-new arena with new mechanics
-arenas can now be selected and are not random anymore
-arenas need to be unlocked
-several bug fixes and improvements

and of course everything is for free :)

here is a screenshot of the new stage

Level03_02.png

Toque

thx a lot :).
always hard to judge how good something is when you worked so long on it :D
That’s true. You get lost in it. Impressive things look flat after the 1000 time you seen it.

New people can’t tell the difference good or bad.

Hard to judge your own work after awhile.

No worries here. It’s good.