• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - General Pixel Artist/Programmer/Designer junior freelancer for hire!

AriesGames

Hello, my name is Flavian and I'm a junior indie video games programmer, artist and designer. I never worked on a contract or as a freelancer. All my experience is gained by myself, working on my hobby/indie projects in GM. Those projects proved to require a lot more work then one person can do. They are currently frozen and I'm happily looking for work.

I finished architecture and art school, also IT university. High-school architecture proved to be solid even as an adult, the basics of art organization I learned there are priceless.
Had a hard time understanding IT (math), eventually I started to work with GM.
My programming knowledge is weird and pretty basic. I can develop systems like, card based, RPG, rogue-like, mostly anything, but they are rough and often require a lot of iteration for them to work as intended.
Art is another subject, a lot more subjective.

I think I can do a lot more, working with someone else and on another project.
Let's talk, see what you need and see if I can develop a prototype for you.

My portfolio

My main project: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-based-side-scroller-sci-fi-action-rpg.71798/
My main project old prototype: https://www.dropbox.com/s/emih84uyjtw1jnv/Erion.exe?dl=0
The prototype is made in game maker 8, you need direct play to run the exe
I recommend scanning the exe with online anti virus, before running it
The controls are as follows in the prototype
W,A,S,D - Movement
Up,Down,Left,Right - Shooting
R - To restart the game
X - To clear a certain room (Not every enemies has hitboxes yet, you can't shoot them yet)
DEL - Its the "console", how I call it, its for testing purposes
The console has the following commands
s1 - spawn enemy 1 (works only after you enter one first room for some reason...)
h1000 - sets health to 1000
h+1 - ...
ms+1 - Sets the movement speed + 1
ms+2 - ...

The items are as follows
Green - Movement Speed
Red - Health (+1)
Blue - Pure damage increase
Cyan - Attacking delay Lower
Yellow - Projectile speed

Pink - Double shoot
Second project: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/mechanical-hell-text-based-rpg-adventure.74116/

Some of my pixel art which never got into a project.
Infection 1.0.pngScraper 1.0.pngInfection 2.0 Deathrattle.png

For any questions, don't hesitate to contact me, on my email or in a PM.
[email protected]

I can't wait to see your offers and projects!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheGamer

Hey there! Would you be willing to work (for free) on an undertale fangame with me? If so let me know and we can discuss some of the finer details