Team Request Pixel Art Visual Novel is looking for a Game Maker programmer

A

Aureus

Hello there, gals and guys!

I'm starting my second year in game development and even though I plan to learn both Game Maker and GML, I'm looking for a programmer willing to collaborate with me and my artists on making our current project for Windows.

I can't share the tittle of the game just yet, but I would be happy to send the game's pitch to anyone interested in collaboration. We have a lot of time to make this game and even though I can't offer a salary just yet, the worst case scenario is going to result in splitting the game's revenue from Steam among the team members. It's not a charity project, but I also don't expect anyone to give up on their lives and join me in conquering the galaxy - it's completely understandable if you can spend only some part of your week working on a new game.

So, about the game. It's a Visual Novel. It doesn't take much input from the player (there are literally no controls other than "select the dialogue option"). However, unlike most Visual Novels, we are giving up on narration and replacing it with animations. Basically, beside programming the UI/save system, the programmer needs to implement the dialogues (with occasional branching), add the maps, add the animations made by the artists (some idle sprite animations, some essential to the plot such as "a character leaves an area"). That's sort of all there is.

The design phase is behind us. We are currently making graphics (here is an example of our animated concept art) and we have the music, the majority of sound effects and the majority of the story/dialogues (although I also have to rewrite some parts).

I'm using Game Maker 1.4, but if you would prefer to use 2.0, I guess it's fine. I'd buy the license sooner or later.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like me to send you the game's pitch or other details. I attached below the concept arts for our protagonists.

I wish you a fantastic day (or, if you in Europe like I am, good night)!
characters.png

A

Aureus

Looks like we found a programmer already. : ) I'm going to let you fellows know if anything is going to change.