Pixel art TD game: Town Defender

T

tdg_

Here is my pixel art TD game I've been working off and on for the past few weeks. It currently has 5 playable levels, 4 tower types, and 7 different enemies. I've been working on this in the time off following a traumatic event and I've been running out of ideas. If you have any feedback (other than better art, lord knows I can't draw a tree to save my life), please let me know.

Controls are mostly mouse based, although there are keyboard alternatives.

To build towers, left click on the icon and then left click again on a build site. You can sell towers in between rounds by right clicking (or cancel before you put them down with a right click). To upgrade, left click on the specific tower then press either space or the center mouse button.

To collect more gold, kill the enemies and move the mouse over the gold before it disappears.

Gameplay Trailer link:

Screenshot: https://img.itch.zone/aW1hZ2UvMjg2OTcyLzE0MDU0OTgucG5n/original/fJCKFf.png
Download link: https://tdg-2.itch.io/tower-defense-project

T

tdg_

Wow, probably should have put in an instance_exist check. Will fix now.

Z

zendraw

so the coins shuld stop moving when the mouse is too far away, now they keep floating if they cant reach the mouse.
you can finish a level altho youve lost all your lives. i finishied level 3 with -9 lives.

otherwise perhaps put more tower spots and make a constant flow of gold or some gold mining spots, etc. i personally find TD games more fun to play when i have enough gold and i have to figure what towers to place. and ultimately the combination of towers being the main factor. but this is just my prefrence. but still defenetly make more tower spots.

T

tdg_

so the coins shuld stop moving when the mouse is too far away, now they keep floating if they cant reach the mouse.
you can finish a level altho youve lost all your lives. i finishied level 3 with -9 lives.
I know about the health part, that was left in by design because I'm still working on balancing issues. I've been toying with the idea of an automated gold collector building. But from the limited playtesting I've had, a lot of people have suggested more tower spots. Thanks for trying it!

B

BearlyBros

My brother and I tried out your game and had a lot fun! We didn't get very far as my brother had other plans for night but still enjoyed our quick play :D

Also just from us playing your game, we've entered you into our giveaway we are just starting to do. We are playing 6 Game Maker games a week and then giving away a FREE Game Maker Studio game published on Steam (Eg Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drfiter, etc) to a developer of one of the games we play! You are the 3rd out of 6 games to be played this week!

Last edited by a moderator: