Design Pixel art & animation apps for iPad?

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Electros, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Electros

Electros Member

Hi all - does anyone have any recommendations of any pixel art creation apps for iPad with some / all of the below?

-Palette save / load
    -Frames for animating
    -Onion skin views
    -Layers
    -Tile set support
    -Export / cloud save options

I have done some pixelling on my laptop, but there are times it would be useful to work on or doodle on tablet - and actually any size or other potential restrictions in an app could also spur creativity!

Thanks.

2. JackTurbo

JackTurbo Member

Have you tried piskel? Its not the best but it's a cloud based web app so can be used across multiple devices which can be very convenient.

3. Electros

Electros Member

I've heard of it, but was a bit wary of how browser based editors would work on an iPad mini touchscreen. Still, with a free entry point to try it then that can't hurt.

After a bit more browsing of the app store, I came across an app called Sprite Creator, which looks basic but functionally seems to tick a lot of the requirement boxes.

If I pick that or other apps up, I'll drop an update here with thoughts.