pighunter

4i4in

WASD "grid" movement game made on one and only object in one room. Whole code is just there. Few sprites taken from free resources (in credits) and mostly modified (used as reference).
Point of the game is to catch all pigs to get to the next level. There are monster that couse damages, combar is resolved automaticly.
Everything is extremly simplified so there is no scripts at all.

Point of this project was to show my son how to do something for start and he get it.

Game is starting in window mode. Native resolution is 1920*1080 but tested on others and it scales without issues (aspect ratio do not occur att all). Of course You can play in window, just everything will be tiny.
To maximize window use backspace (at any time, meybe not during generating new level, because there is a long loop, longer if level is bigger so there be no interruption to ask I/O during this time more than 10 times).
P cause pause, F2 help.

Control is execuded by WASD, pad buttons and stick. Space and A_pad button cause pickaxe to destroy walls. Because of game speed best control is for us by WASD.
Only one player (there were idea to add enother, but we get to direction movement untill this so next project, but all prerequisites are build in).

Gameplay base on random dungeon where torch give light and is responsible for dealing damages (so better the light - more damages to monsters). Movement is executed in turns (so there is a way to speed up grabing some items on the floor).
If torch is burn out (let say by the ghost) it will relight after ghost is gone on minimum level.
Monsters "AI" is random or greed (in intervals - if they stuck they go random for a while).

There is no sounds, but voice effects are drawn as textin apriopriate positions so it can be use directly to play sound even ith directional.

Executable:

Game creates some ini files for levels, but cleaning it up after exit trigger.
Only ini thatstay is highscore.

Project: