• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Physics Player not falling

T

TrevHan

Hi All,

I have tried everything and not getting this right and so need to ask the GameMaker experts for help. I have a player instance that is in a physics world but wont fall down after reaching the edge. Player only falls after an additional step.

I have tried so many different things be it place_meeting with parameters such as bbox_left and bbox_right.

I think my problem is a combination of 2 things:
1). I am working in a physics world
2). I am trying to do it with the built in collision functionality.

My question really is... how can I make it that if place_meeting below my player is not the ground that the player will fall in a physics world?

For the life of me I can figure this out at all :-( would really appreciate any help.

Attachments

T

TrevHan

Hi JellyJake,

I set my rooms gravity to 20. I feel kind of stupid now.... I realised that the problem is the collision shape around my object... Honestly never thought that would be a problem as soon as I made it smaller than the sprite everything worked :/

I really appreciate your feedback but after spending the last 3 nights trying to work it all out finally it is working :/