• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Physics! Fun - Sandbox Game

Mert

Platforms : Android (Google Play, Amazon Appstore)
Category : Simulation

Physics! Fun is water and ragdoll physics sandbox & destruction game where you can add wide variety of objects ⚽ , particles 💧, explosives, ragdolls 🤖 and liquids into the scene and blast it all over! The game has no objectives, but to have pure fun!

⚽ Physics Objects
  • There are lots of objects ready to be thrown around!
💧 Water and Liquid Particles
  • You can create small particles in the scene. Water, sand etc.
🤖Ragdolls
  • Create ragdolls and hit them!
🌪Smash Them Down!
  • Use the Force Menu tools to bring absolute chaos into your scene. Exploding particles in 0G (aka Zero Gravity) is definitely recommended.
🌍 Customizable Gravity Settings
  • You can change the gravity force and rotation, or you can use your device's gyroscope and let it determine the simulated gravity.

Hope you'll like it :banana:

Last edited:

markysoft

Love it! Would be great to be able to create animated GIFs or movies from it. I had a rag doll fall down then continuously get hit in the head by the rotating thingy.

woodsmoke

Pretty cool toy! Don't see me using it longer than a few minutes though. Maybe some objective(s)?
Activating the gyro (nice idea btw) caused the gravity to switch from down to up on my device (Huawei P smart2019), even after a reset.

Mert

Downloaded it! It is entertaining!
Thanks, happy to see you're enjoying it.

Love it! Would be great to be able to create animated GIFs or movies from it. I had a rag doll fall down then continuously get hit in the head by the rotating thingy.
Haha, I'm definitely adding this to the upcoming features list. Would be really nice to share video gifs to social media ^^

Pretty cool toy! Don't see me using it longer than a few minutes though. Maybe some objective(s)?
Activating the gyro (nice idea btw) caused the gravity to switch from down to up on my device (Huawei P smart2019), even after a reset.
Hey, thank you very much for the issue, I will check this out on emulator right away.
The original plan is to create a game with no objectives or missions. I liked the idea of purely blasting things
The next update has vehicles, machine guns and destroyable ragdolls though

Mert

#Update - Breakable Ragdolls v9.9.8
  • I have rescaled the ragdolls and downsized them about 1/2. Now, the ragdolls are breakable. I originally used an asset for this, but heavily edited it and made my own ragdoll system.
  • Fixed UI related bugs.
  • Prepared the game for the next update with the feature mentioned by @markysoft "recording gifs. Gif recording is completed(can also be shared as Instagram stories/twitter posts or tiktok videos lol), but I wish to test it more for possible bugs/errors.
Hope you'll like it

Mert

Out of interest, how are you planning on recording the GIFs?
I'm currently using Game Maker's own gif functions. To keep the size low and quality smooth, I have adjusted the delay rate and the size. I then save this into a buffer. The rest is not clear yet, I'm working on different approaches and solutions. (Android Intents & base64 image seems okay tho)

markysoft

I'm currently using Game Maker's own gif functions. To keep the size low and quality smooth, I have adjusted the delay rate and the size. I then save this into a buffer. The rest is not clear yet, I'm working on different approaches and solutions. (Android Intents & base64 image seems okay tho)
Thanks, useful to know. I wasn't aware of that feature.

Mert

1.2.21 Summer Update is now available on Google Play
  • The game is completely rewritten from bottom to top.
  • Fixed 24 bugs that are reported by the players.
  • Performance update.
  • Two new tools : Nuclear blast & ball hanger.
Hope you'll like it
Enjoy :banana:

I think you've done a pretty good job with your physics sandbox. Particularly with being able to pick up and move the physics objects. I have been working on a similar project and that was my biggest hurdle. I discovered that using distance joints was the key to manually moving physics objects. Is this the method you used?
I like the way you can spawn different objects like the rotating thing and the ragdolls and particle physics. I think this would be good for you to expand on.

Mert

I think you've done a pretty good job with your physics sandbox. Particularly with being able to pick up and move the physics objects. I have been working on a similar project and that was my biggest hurdle. I discovered that using distance joints was the key to manually moving physics objects. Is this the method you used?
I like the way you can spawn different objects like the rotating thing and the ragdolls and particle physics. I think this would be good for you to expand on.
Oh I missed your comment and now seeing it. I also commented on your post, about the animal rigid one :D

Thank you very much. For your question, I have three types of objects in the game:
  1. Static objects : Rope hangers and those rotating thingies :D, for them : I basically use
    GML:
    //_x / _y are mouse positionphy_position_x = _x;
    phy_position_y = _y;
  2. Grid-moving objects : Static boxes
    GML:
    var gridSize = 32;phy_position_x = floor(_x/gridSize)*gridSize;
    phy_position_y = floor(_y/gridSize)*gridSize;
  3. Everything else : Which you can pull and throw away. The best method I've come up is simply this:
    GML:
    var sp, pt, rot;sp = 2;
    pt = distance_to_point(_x,_y)*2;
    rot = point_direction(phy_position_x,phy_position_y,_x,_y);

phy_speed_x = lengthdir_x(pt,rot);
    phy_speed_y = lengthdir_y(pt,rot);

Game Update
  • [New Tool] Shrapnel Bomb : Explodes and creates tiny pieces around it.
  • [New Tool] Tutorial Button : Shows how you can play the game. Located in settings tab.
  • Performance improvements and bug fixes

1. Static objects : Rope hangers and those rotating thingies :D, for them : I basically use
    GML:
    //_x / _y are mouse positionphy_position_x = _x;
    phy_position_y = _y;
  2. Grid-moving objects : Static boxes
    GML:
    var gridSize = 32;phy_position_x = floor(_x/gridSize)*gridSize;
    phy_position_y = floor(_y/gridSize)*gridSize;
  3. Everything else : Which you can pull and throw away. The best method I've come up is simply this:
    GML:
    var sp, pt, rot;sp = 2;
    pt = distance_to_point(_x,_y)*2;
    rot = point_direction(phy_position_x,phy_position_y,_x,_y);

phy_speed_x = lengthdir_x(pt,rot);
    phy_speed_y = lengthdir_y(pt,rot);
That's pretty clever. I have considered using phy_speed_x to manipulate physics objects but my maths skills are a bit lacking. Could you enable landscape flipped in your next update as I have to hold my tablet upside down to play your app 🙂

Mert

That's pretty clever. I have considered using phy_speed_x to manipulate physics objects but my maths skills are a bit lacking. Could you enable landscape flipped in your next update as I have to hold my tablet upside down to play your app 🙂
The joint movement style could be useful as well, I haven't tried that actually. I have added the landscape view to the feature request list and see if I can bring that. Thanks :D

Mert

#Spring Update - Also V2.0

1. The game itself has completely been rewritten from bottom to top.
  2. UI has been updated to a better version.
  3. Added Settings Window
    1. Included advanced physics engine option.
    2. Included advanced liquid rendering option.
    3. Included customizable physics iteration / speed option.
  4. Added Custom Scene Settings Window
    1. Included customizable Container settings.
    2. Included customizable Particle settings.
  5. Added Custom Particle Maker
  6. Added private settings for over 20+ tools
Enjoy ❤

Mert

#V2.0.1
  • Added Vibrating Ball tool.
  • Fixed several bugs regarding the eraser tool, which caused a fatal crash in the game.
vballUpdate.png