1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

physics engine bug

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Maa2007, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Maa2007

Maa2007 Member

this is the first time I'm using physics engine, however i think i have a bug or something here
    i followed an online tutorial and everything worked right for me

i copied the same thing into my game, but for some reason when i activate the physics world
    physics_world_create(1/10)

all moving objects in my room stop moving and stay stationary,
    i have snow objects, and moving environment and steam, all of them stopped moving on x and y,

also my physics objects i put in the level are also not reacting and stay stationary

2. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

How are you moving the objects? Using the standard x and y values won't work, you need to use forces or (not recommended for most situations) manually update the position using phy_position_x and phy_position_y

3. Maa2007

Maa2007 Member

other objects in the level are not using physics, (use physics check box is not checked in their properties ) so why should i use phy_position_x and phy_position_y ?