• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Physics Collision Shapes don't save.

Tontete

I create a Collision Shape in the Physics tab in an object.

When I am done, it does not save, instead it is reverted back to an old version.

I cannot find any way to save the shape, but it has worked properly before.

What can I do to fix this?

M

MarceloP

Are you closing the Physics Tab that opens when you click on Physics? If so (from what I remember), you CAN close the Object, but you CAN'T close the tab, since by closing the tab you're saying to GameMaker that you don't want to use Physics in this object anymore.

upload_2018-6-12_15-19-20.png

Tontete

Are you closing the Physics Tab that opens when you click on Physics? If so (from what I remember), you CAN close the Object, but you CAN'T close the tab, since by closing the tab you're saying to GameMaker that you don't want to use Physics in this object anymore.

View attachment 18976
It does not matter how I close it, or even if I close it at all. If I start the game, the shape has been reset, and if I duplicate the object while the shape is open, it is reverted in the new instance.

M

MarceloP

Well that actually is a pretty big problem. I'm sorry but, permission problems aside, I can't think of any other motive for that to reset every time @Tontete =(
Anyone has any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: