• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Project Physics Based Block Ships

O

orseoste7o

Marketplace: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/5377/physics-based-block-ships
Download .exe here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5SmSXI3oLGpT3I5OXN1d1A4a3c
Price: $4.99

Footage:

Create and fly basic physics based block ships similar to those found in games like Captain Forever. Build your ship out of boosters, blocks and guns. Ship movement is based around weight, torque center of mass etc. Scripts are included to calculate torque, set booster impulse, and add and destroy fixtures. See how to code boosters so they automatically fire when they need to in order to control your ship intuitively.

To create your ship:

1 = select block
2 = select booster
3 = select gun
Left click places
Right click destroys
Space launches the ship

To control your ship:

Control with WASD or arrow keys
Use Q and E to strafe
Space to shoot

R restarts the game.

If there's enough demand I'll add in features such as enemy AI, and destructibility so if one block attaching a wing to your ship gets destroyed, the entire wing gets destroyed. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

orseoste7o

Just updated the market place with trailer so you can get a better idea of what the asset contains :)

O

orseoste7o

Thanks guys, I've actually never heard of either of those games :p

The asset is now on sale till the end of june.

csanyk

I just picked this up. I was a big fan of Captain Forever, and I'm just itching to pore over this code and see how it works.

O

orseoste7o

I just picked this up. I was a big fan of Captain Forever, and I'm just itching to pore over this code and see how it works.
Glad to hear it! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

S

Sp4m

Have you implemented destruction yet? I'm definitely interested in playing with this, but destruction would make this a must-buy for me.