Forum Game Photoshop Tennis

L

Latté

Basically, somebody will take this picture, edit it, post it, then the next player will take the edited image, edit it again, and post their version.

Here is a more detailed explanation:
Even though it's called Photoshop tennis you can use any kind of image editor. A match starts with a single image. The next person edits the image, then someone else edits that image, and so on. The primary rule is that any image posted must be based on, or otherwise include, the previous image posted in the thread. The more clever and interesting your alteration the better! Each match will last until the image has been edited a total of 15 times and I have posted a fresh image for the next match.

I figured I'd post this game here because I've always enjoyed it on other internet forums, and all you need to play is some sort of image editing software. I'm interested to see what the people here will come up with. here is a simple example of how a game might pan out:

And several posts later...

Here are a few rules and other bits of information:
  • You may not remove or overwrite another member's edits. All previous members' edits to the image should remain mostly visible.
  • Your edit must be additive to the image.
  • Do not excessively shrink or stretch the previous image, and do not change its resolution.
  • Only edit the most recently submitted image.
  • To prevent people from creating multiple edits of one image at the same time, you may make a post to claim the next edit for yourself. However, if it takes more than three hours, your claimed edit becomes irrelevant and someone else may claim it.
  • The match does not actually end until I post the base image for the next match, so feel free to keep making edits before that happens.
  • Bananas are prohibited.*
Obviously, you are expected to refrain from breaking the forum rules or doing anything that somehow causes issues with the flow of the game or makes it less enjoyable for other players. Please say something if you believe the rules should be changed or have any ideas that could improve the game.

(*Due to legal reasons, rules involving bananas will not be strictly enforced)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
DuckDog.png

Can I give myself 6.5 points out of 10? The reflection lets the whole thing down a bit... but I don't have enough time to make it better...

F

fawfulthegreat64

I already think my edits will be lame, but here goes anyway.

Lukasmah

I propose an addition to the rules: Post claiming. It allows the post to claim the right to make the next edit for a limited amount of time.

This is a rule I've seen in other games like this, and there's a very good reason for it: Ninjas. You get multiple people making their own edits unaware of each other, and it just results in two different images. And then one needs to be picked to be continued, and that's not fair to the other person.

So, a person can claim the next edit for a limited amount of time. Once that amount of time passes, the next person can post if the person claiming doesn't post an image.
Dux.png

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
Gonna post an image here soon...

EDIT: Unfortunately for you there are no rules against people with very poor editing skills...
Eh, someone will fix it (especially the re-constructive surgery I did on Bowser's flame).

-Surgeon_

Last edited:
G

GVmG

Under the sea, under the sea! Down where it's later, I hate timezones, under the sea!

(PS: I know the timezone joke was awful. Please forgive me for that.)

L

Latté

Alright, that's been at least 15 edits.
Nocturne had the most points last round; but he gave those points to himself, and giving yourself points means that you automatically lose, so he has been disqualified. However, because nobody else had any points, that means everyone tied for first place, which I guess also means that Nocturne is the only one who didn't tie for last place, which I guess could be considered a win for him?

...Yeah, that probably makes sense.

Ok, now that all of that nonsense has been sorted out, here's the next image:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Can we add a rule that states you can't remove/overwrite another members edits? Maybe I'm being too sensitive but seeing my photoshop overwritten and essentially destroyed by a bunch of copy/paste cutouts really p***ed me off... :( If the idea of the game is to ADD to an image, then surely ALL edits should be visible and maintained?

aamatniekss

Can we add a rule that states you can't remove/overwrite another members edits? Maybe I'm being too sensitive but seeing my photoshop overwritten and essentially destroyed by a bunch of copy/paste cutouts really p***ed me off... :( If the idea of the game is to ADD to an image, then surely ALL edits should be visible and maintained?
I was thinking the same. You can modify it, but its simply rude to just pop another picture on top of everything. :p

L

Latté

That makes sense. Sorry, I will add that rule now.