• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP PFX File Will Not Install

C

ctooner

I have followed the documentation in https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001349488-Compiling-Your-UWP-App and have been unable to get the UWP options to accept the PFX file for my UWP app.

I have been unable to get the app generation to point at anything other than the temporary key. It seems to accept the new key and drives the system install. Then, nothing - app generation looks for the temporary key.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

C

ctooner

I saw your post - not certain we have the same problem. I have a PFX key generated from VS along with the package name from the store.

When I compile the UWP module I get:

Code:
Package creation succeeded.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/bin/x86\signtool.exe" sign /a /v /fd SHA256 /f "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.93\WindowsUAP\WinUWPRunner_TemporaryKey.pfx" "D:\GameMaker BubblePop\Version 2\LetsPop_1.0.0.0\LetsPop.appx""
The following certificate was selected:
    Issued to: Sandbox

Issued by: Sandbox

Expires:   Thu Dec 30 18:00:00 2100

SHA1 hash: C87C1BB80B2048BBDAA8A331A20F32402109B863

Done Adding Additional Store
Successfully signed: D:\GameMaker BubblePop\Version 2\LetsPop_1.0.0.0\LetsPop.appx

Number of files successfully Signed: 1

Number of warnings: 0

Number of errors: 0

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:04.9150948s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.93/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff"  -- WinUWP Package started at 05/17/2017 23:49:21
SUCCESS : Package Program Complete
The app installs on machine where I generate the app (and where GM2 is installed). My problem is when I try to install the app on a Surface Pro - it fails with a certificate error. This might very well by my problem/error, just can't figure it out. I have the Surface Pro in development mode on Windows 10.

I am using a Windows 10 desktop for development.

Last edited by a moderator:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
How are you installing the application on a surface pro - you should be using Device Portal (and providing the certificate) OR you have to ensure the certificate you generated is installed on the target machine properly (which can be tricky), Device Portal really makes this much easier.

Russell

C

ctooner

Thanks Russell - let me try that approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Underground

I saw your post - not certain we have the same problem. I have a PFX key generated from VS along with the package name from the store.

When I compile the UWP module I get:
The app installs on machine where I generate the app (and where GM2 is installed). My problem is when I try to install the app on a Surface Pro - it fails with a certificate error. This might very well by my problem/error, just can't figure it out. I have the Surface Pro in development mode on Windows 10.

I am using a Windows 10 desktop for development.
I see, there is not the same problem than me, as at least you are able to compile the appx with the temporary pfx file.