• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Perspective coding

Sk8dududu

I have absolutely no idea where to even look for the information regarding this scenario, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.
So a brief description of what I'm trying to achieve is, first person view, you are walking on a dirt path over a hill, as you walk the tree emerges from the horizon (just the top of the tree behind the hill top) slowly growing from the top down to reveal the rest of the tree, and once the full image of the tree is shown, change the depth of the tree to in front of the hill, and then the tree grows as you walk past it and it disappears (since you have walked past it).

I already have the hill, path, sky background all separated and animated so it appears as if you are walking up a hill, I just am not sure how to go about adding this tree.