• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Persistent Error : "/build/openal-soft-gstqns/openal-soft-1.19.1/Alc/ALc.c:800: LockLists: Assertion `ret == althrd_success` failed."

Stealth

Hi,

I've been cross-building from Windows to both Ubuntu Linux running under a VM and a Raspberry Pi 3B running Raspbian, and the majority of attempts to run the output result in an OpenAL error:

/build/openal-soft-gstqns/openal-soft-1.19.1/Alc/ALc.c:800: LockLists: Assertion `ret == althrd_success` failed.

At that point, the program either exits (presumably due to the failed assertion) or crashes (Aborted (core dumped))

As mentioned, this is happening on both Ubuntu and Raspbian platforms and in both VM and YYC output modes. On some days, this happens every single time, and on others it happens most of the time but occasionally the game will run successfully up to 10 times in a row, while on rare occasion the game will run properly almost every time but still exhibit error on occasion

Given this is happening on more than one platform, it would seem to be either an issue affecting all Linux platforms or a general issue with how OpenAL is used, though I haven't been able to find any other reports of this

I'm using GameMaker Studio 2 IDE v2.3.3.574 Runtime v2.3.3.437, and I've run all appropriate update commands on OpenAL, Ubuntu, and Raspbian.

Any help is greatly appreciated!