• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

performance, room size

Neptune

Im wondering how performance heavy room-size is. Currently, I deactivate 95% of my rooms' objects until they are needed, but i want to ensure a standard Android device can handle room sizes up to 60,000x1080 - 100,000x1080.

Any information or ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thank-you

Z

zendraw

500? i have like around 2k objects in my room (around50-100) active and my game runs perfectly. before time i had a room with 5k objects and 50-100 active and it runed normally. basically as long as you can put objects in the room editor its ok. and as long as keep active only the necesery ones. after 3k i start getting lags when putting objects in the room editor. the other things that will impact mostly your performance is our codes. you can try putting intence collision codes and you wills see that even with 10 objects you can destroy yourperformance.

A

Aura

As @Lonewolff said, performance depends on how complex operations (and how many times you're doing them; number of instances) you're carrying out in the room and barely on its size.

But that doesn't mean that you should go about a crazily enormous room; because managing them to not spoil your performance is a tough job. I have never gone above 5000x5000 personally. If I ever want the game to have such a large world, I'd prefer going with seperate rooms and do such graphical illusions that it looks seamless.

But that's up to you and your skills to manage performance. The answer to the question is as simple as this: Room size barely affects the performance of the game. (Not talking about the IDE... ^-^')

As others have said, for rooms, its not the size that counts, but how you use it! ... Sorry for the bad joke... :D Didn't read everything, but the 'size' of the room is completely artificial and only effects the view system when using the automatic following behaviour. If you take control of the view yourself, you can leave the bounds of the room in all directions 'indefinitely'.