Released Pentasma - Now Completed!

hijong park

Download : https://gamejolt.com/games/pentasmacomplete/457368

This is my second defender style shooter project, next to Offendron Warrior.
Due to my lack of experiences, Offendron Warrior had strange controls, overly fast game speed and extremely stiff learning curve. This time, I'm making a game that is much more faithful to the original game with lots of improvements.

Not only the controls and the game's phase have been improved a lot, The codes of the AIs are more sophiscated, The graphics are much more colorful, and there are more contents including :

- Procedurally generated planet surface.

- 3 different fighters. Each fighters has different maneuverability and requires some different strategy.

- 5 special abilities.

1. Hyperspace : warps you to the random location. You can use it infinitely but It's depended on pure luck to be useful or rather suicidal.

2. Invisto : Makes you invisible but also invinsible.

3. Force Field : Creates a force field that blocks enemy projectiles. It's basically an inferior version of Invisto but you can use it much longer.

4. Stopper : Stops everything except you and humanoids.

5. Humanoid shield : Protects humanoids from being killed by your laser.

- Better Online Leaderboard featuring over 100th grade.

- More achievements and unlocks for clearing them.

- New original enemies and bosses.

Currently, I almost finished the classic mode featuring original enemies from defender. Now I have to make the alternative mode featuring new enemies!

Last edited:

Joe Ellis

Hmm, I love the graphics. They're really simple but somehow beautiful to look at. Reminds me alot of gameboy games, but it looks better

It looks fun to play aswell, I'd like to play a demo of it

The logo is really great aswell, it perfect, especially for the game style

Last edited:

hijong park

- Added 17 new enemies for the new mode.

- Added unique attack waves. every X4 and X9 waves are Attacker / Supporter waves, where less landers and more attackers(enemies who chase and attack player) and supporters(enemies who just fly around and shoot something) appear. Every X7 and X2 waves are lander waves where plenty of landers appear and some landers drop aliens who move around to kill the humanoids. and every X5 and X0 waves are raid mission where you attack the alien planet. if you secure the planet, humanoids will settle on it and you have to protect them again.

- Added online scoreboards.

- Added Highscore progress display. It allows you to check your current ranking during playing.

- Added 30 achievements and easter egg.

This game is almost ready for the initial release. It just need some more testing and music.

hijong park

https://gamejolt.com/games/Pentasma/454337

The Initial test version of Pentasma is now released. Play it and give me feedbacks about the game like the difficulty balance, controls, and enemy patterns. That would be helpful to finish this project !

Here are my planned works after this test version:

- 10 new enemies including bosses.

- More balanced attack waves.

- Musics!

- Possibly more achievements.

Joe Ellis

Nice! It must feel great to finish a game. I think you should put a price on it to be honest, like it's a big thing actually finishing a game. and tons of indie people sell their non-finished games. In some ways I think "Have some pride and sell it" lol

hijong park

Nice! It must feel great to finish a game. I think you should put a price on it to be honest, like it's a big thing actually finishing a game. and tons of indie people sell their non-finished games. In some ways I think "Have some pride and sell it" lol
It's my passion for defender that made me to complete this project. If it wasn't I wouldn't have made this game in the first place.

I don't think selling this game would make much profit. if you are selling the game, it's better to make today's popular genres like roguelikes or FPS. However, defender style shooter is not a popular genre anymore. The serious lack of defender clones today proves it.

But I can still make an option for donatation.

Joe Ellis

It's my passion for defender that made me to complete this project. If it wasn't I wouldn't have made this game in the first place.

I don't think selling this game would make much profit. if you are selling the game, it's better to make today's popular genres like roguelikes or FPS. However, defender style shooter is not a popular genre anymore. The serious lack of defender clones today proves it.

But I can still make an option for donatation.
That's true, I just believe in honest work and payment, call me old fashioned if you will.
But I seriously disagree with making whatever type of game is popular to make money. The best games have been unique, and people bought them because they were good. That will always be the case. It doesn't matter what type of game it is. If it's good, like really good, millions of people will buy it

hijong park

That's true, I just believe in honest work and payment, call me old fashioned if you will.
But I seriously disagree with making whatever type of game is popular to make money. The best games have been unique, and people bought them because they were good. That will always be the case. It doesn't matter what type of game it is. If it's good, like really good, millions of people will buy it
I think you are right, it's the quality of the game that really matters.

I'm willing to publish it on steam amd keep improving this game based on people's feedbacks

Japster

Love it! - Looks and sounds, and seems to play, like classic Williams machines - nice and hectic too! - I like the twists you've added to the original formula... great stuff! :D