• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion Paypal

J

jb skaggs

I have had horror stories with Paypal- but just in the last year.

I have used paypal since 2003, never had an issue with them. Doing at some times $20000 a month in transaction in my furniture business. But In 2016 that all changed.

I have had paypal do the following:

lock my account, double charge me, empty my bank account, and lock my customer's account. It has cost me over $7000 in the past year.

I do not try and use them at all anymore, but two months ago a customer demanded to use Paypal for a purchase of $750. Later she changed her mind and canceled the order. Paypal took the money from me, and never sent it back to her. The said they would "Hold it for security reasons for 180 days." She is threatening legal actions, and during this time I cannot access any other funds from my account or make transactions to or from my account. This is the third time in 12 months. I have a high customer approval rating, no chargebacks, and only 2 refunds in six years.

And I am not alone there are thousands of people like me paypal has caused huge headaches. Now my problems stem back to a Paypal Subsidiary called Paypal Here. Which is used to process credit cards.

I know alot you still use Paypal, I am not telling you to quit using Paypal, I am telling you to research their terms and agreements and to have a backup plan in case this happens to you. Because like in my case you can actually have your entire account locked down and frozen and unable to be resolved for 30 to 180 days even for small transaction fees. That means you will not be able to withdraw or process any claims in that time period. And for a small business that can bankrupt you.

I moved away from Paypal and have gone to Square. So if you do business online you may want to think about how to take payments from people who do not use Paypal anymore.

JB

T

Tyler Logsdon

I tried selling something on ebay and PayPal kept the money for 180 days. Its really stupid

R

Rhubarbist

Sounds awful... I'm not really aware of any decent alternatives that people would be comfortable paying with. Maybe Google Wallet? Not sure.

J

jb skaggs

I use square a lot. Any professional website can take credit cards securely.

I use Square for both processing credit/debit cards from customers and for invoicing clients. I currently process upwards of $40,000/year via Square and I have been very happy with them. Money is in your bank account the next day and there is even an option to make funds instantly available. I highly recommend Square.