• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Pause event has been registered for this frame

O

Opticrow

Does anyone know how to disable the focus debug messages? Not only are they very spammy, but they reset the scroll position :(

You know the ones, clicking on or off the game window fills the console with:

Pause event has been registered for this frame
Pause event has been unregistered

I

icuurd12b42

It's relevant information. how it is spammy? it's not like you are loosing any debug information from the console window from it and it's not like most people would switch focus back and forth between the game and other applications a million times.

But to answer you Q, no you cant turn it off that I know of

O

Opticrow

It's relevant information. how it is spammy?
I disagree, it's not relevant at all, and I've never needed it :p
If I needed that information, I could output it myself with os_is_paused.
Of all the things that could be output automatically, why this one? Seems a bit random!

it's not like you are loosing any debug information from the console window
Actually, that's my main issue with it, new outputs to the console reset the scroll position. This is annoying when you've printed out a lot of data, and even more annoying when the data you want is hard to find in the stream.

it's not like most people would switch focus back and forth between the game and other applications a million times.
Why not? That's what I'm doing. I'm comparing what's in the game window, to the code, and to the console output to try and find a bug. But every time I minimise the game window, the console scroll position gets reset.

But to answer you Q, no you cant turn it off that I know of
:( :( :( :( :( :(

I

icuurd12b42

the info was very pertinent when doing Window8 platform. But yeah, I dont really disagree with you. I just dont find it spammy. I guess I got used to it

O

Opticrow

the info was very pertinent when doing Window8 platform.
Well, then in this situation, the output can be added. But for everything else, it's not necessary :3
I saw lots of ideas in the community suggestion box get denied, simply because it was possible to self implement.