Feedback Path-Based Puzzler

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by sitebender, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:52 PM.

1. sitebender

sitebender Member

I haven't had much time to program lately, so I made a much smaller game.

WHAT IS IT:

A colorful puzzle game where you complete each puzzle by making each tile disappear. Each time you touch a tile, the number on the tile decreases by one. Once a tile hits zero, it disappears, never to be used again.

FEATURES:

- ARCADE MODE: Infinitely generated puzzles. Each solved puzzle gives you time, run out of time it's game over. The puzzles start small, but grow larger every 5 completed puzzles.
    - COFFEE MODE: 10 generated puzzles with your own set difficulty and infinite time. Fail a puzzle, but keep going. Get your success ratio at the end.
    - PUZZLE MODE: 100+ hand made puzzles. Each puzzle records your fastest time.
    - CHARACTER SELECTION: 30+ Selectable characters... that all do the same thing!
    - STYLE: Clean and colorful style makes it easy to focus on the puzzles.
    - FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT: Who would have thought? No flight sticks!
    - GREAT SOUNDTRACK: Over 60 minutes of music if you let it play 12x.

GAME HISTORY:

The original arcade game was made in about 5 hours, but people demanded more! A coffee mode was ended, followed with dumping a bunch of extra sprites to be used as characters. After that came an editor to make puzzles to hopefully give a simple game more longevity.

CREDITS:
    A game by: Sitebender
    original soundtrack composed by: @Replay_50101
    with sound effects from: Hitrison

SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 12:29 AM
  2. Morendral

Morendral Member

This looks like a great mobile game

3. sitebender

sitebender Member

I think I'll stick with the Windows only route. It already has controller support. In time, I might make it for Android.

I've had terrible luck with mobile games. Seems like only my friends end up playing my games and those friends would much rather play on PC. It's a chore to put the game on Android whether its my phone or the cable or my PC. It increases production time and I'd prefer this project remain quick and small.

4. curato

curato Member

I definitely like the concept. Is there a demo to play? I agree that is the kind of thing I would play on tablet or phone. I had a similar experience publishing a game to the Google play app store. I am not sure how much money you would have to throw at marketing to push it above all the clutter out there these days.