• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Particles show up at weird locations.

D

Dwojityv

Hi gmc,
I am having problem with particle system, especially with location. I can't figure out what did I done wrong. Would be cool if you guys could help me out, because I am desperate already! :(

Problem description :
I have multiple objects (coins) in a room and I want to emit a burst of particles on colision with player. However, particles appear on different coins I did not collide with and sometimes I cant see any particles at all.

I use this code in step event, which should update the location of particles every step, if I understand correctly.

Code:
part_emitter_region(global.FPS, global.FE, x, x, y, y, ps_shape_ellipse, ps_distr_gaussian);
I even tried to change the coordinates for self.x , self.y and even tried creating variable which holds objects id (lets call it myId) and called it as myId.x , myId.y. That didn't solve my problem either.

The problem is that i check for colision in coin object. Maybe checking for colision in player event would fix that problem, because I am having no problems with particles emitting from player object. However I would rather check on coin for some reasons.

I hope you understand my problem and if you need any more of my code, let me know!
Sorry for my english.