Particle Effects in an Infinite Runner

H

HelmutShaftshwingen

I'm having a problem getting my entire particle system to move across my screen.
The particle effect itself is a one time explosion that sends pieces flying off in every direction.
The problem is that I want that whole effect to also move left across the screen with the level.

Please keep in mind that my player object has the appearance of moving right in the level, but It's actually the level that is moving left within the game.

Here's a similar reddit post that was left unsolved. he makes a good description of the problem with a candle.
the candle needs to move across the screen, without the candle appearing to be moving in the level (so the flame should be going up, not leaning to the side)

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/584l0m/moving_particle_system_in_local_space/

obscene

Use part_system_position to move the system. Easiest thing is to set it to the x and y of whatever it's following or inside of, then create particles at 0,0.

H

HelmutShaftshwingen

Use part_system_position to move the system. Easiest thing is to set it to the x and y of whatever it's following or inside of, then create particles at 0,0.
okay I'll try that to verify. I assumed it wouldn't work because the guy in the reddit post said it didn't work.
thanks