Legacy GM Particle Color not registered

Shavv

Heey guys, thanks for reading.

Under here is a image with a code for a particle. The particle color doesn't go through with a color code, I used multiple, even just raw numbers for a color. But whenever I use a gamemaker value like c_red it somehow works. (the code thats disabled with // registers the color)

What did I do wrong?

Im tried it with the current stable 1.4.1804 and stable 1.4.1773 and both didnt seem to work

obscene

Well that certainly SHOULD work, so strange that it doesn't.

As a test, possibly try making the colors first and then making the particle.

var c1=make_colour_rgb(113,68,102);
var c2...
var c3...
part_type_color3(particle1,c1,c2,c3);

There's no reason that should work, which is why I'd try it. :p

Shavv

Code:
var a,b,c;

a=make_colour_rgb(113,68,102)
b=make_colour_rgb(42,96,39)
c=make_colour_rgb(79,77,92)

part_type_color3(particle1,a,b,c);
This sadly still makes it colorless

Shavv

Background is just plain green, here is an gif of the particle and the color issue with the background:

Shavv

I got it fixed by having another background, apparantly I underestimated the blending and the color together on the green background, so whenever i put the background on black it works.

Someone knows how to make these appear with more color on different backgrounds? I know its the issue with the blending, but I don't see more blending options....

DukeSoft

Just disable the blending :) part_type_blend should be set to false, and then is will place actual colours. If you use an alpha value, the colour will be blended that way instead of using additive blending (which will usually end up white)