• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[Partially solved] Issue with updating sequence value

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Hi guys,

Here's the error:

action number 1
of Create Event
for object <undefined>:

Unable to find any instance for object index '0' name '__YYInternalObject__0'
at gml_Script_scr_rollback (line 6) - seq_title.headPosition = 6;
So my best guess is that for some reason I need an object ?

Just some info:
project has 1 room, 1 sequence, 1 sprite and 1 script which has a function which is where the error occurs.
At a certain point a 'moment' is triggered in the sequence that runs the script which just does "seq_title.headPosition = 6;"

What am I missing ?

Edit:

I found that there are elements as well, what on earth ?
And so now I've replaced the code with "layer_sequence_headpos(seq_title,6);"
how ever seq_title is still just the sequence object ID? and not the element ID ?
is an element an instance of an object ? or just data of an object to be used in the layer structure ?

Also how on earth do I get the sequence ID ?

What happens if I create a sequence instance programmatically, then ive the sequence instance ID, what's the point of there being duplicates.. it feels like elements and instances is duplicate code.

Edit:

So having replaced the code as seen in the previous edit it appears to be working, but in this exercise I've found that there's other issues that aren't immediately game breaking, I used the sequence object reference id instead of a sequence elements ID or a sequence instances ID ..so if I've got multiple sequences of the objects then they're all going to be effected due to the reference scope..

But I'll create a new thread for that.

Last edited:

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
GML:
// Auto-generated stubs for each available event.

function rollback()
{
layer_sequence_headpos(seq_title,6);

}
Nope script is fine.

But if you check out the nested spoiler I mentioned that it's working now, issue now is that I'm not sure how layers elements work and why they exist.