• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [Partially solved] GM2 Android Module Setup and Keystore

Ednei

android1.png

android2.png

I am using GM2 version 2.0.4.65 and purchased the Mobile (IOS + Android) Module.

Follow the instructions in accordance with the manual, as shown in the figures above.

However I did not find instructions on how to generate the keystore in GM2.

When I press the "Generate Key Store" key it opens a window asking to save a project, as in the picture above. When I click save nothing happens. The keystore file is not generated.

In Gm 1.4 the program generates a file.keystore. At GM2 this is not happening.

Has anyone managed to generate a keystore in GM2?

Taking advantage of the topic. I tried to run my project on the Android module and got the following error:

Code:
Saving project to: C:\Users\Ednei\OneDrive\Projetos\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXXX RPG\XXXXXXXX.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/bin/Igor.exe"  -options="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff"  -- Android Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309\macros.json
Target Options: C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309\targetoptions.json
OptionsIni
PlatformOptions
Options: C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309\platform_options.yy
Options: C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309\main_options.yy
TargetPreferences: C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309\preferences.json
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /gn="Project" /td="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2" /cd="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309" /zpuf="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\edneicabofrio_450" /m=android /tgt=8 /studio  /nodnd /cfg=default /fU="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Overpower _3346C1D6_8DDD5309\functionsUsed.txt" /o="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Overpower RPG_407FC739_VM" /optionsini="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Overpower RPG_407FC739_VM\options.ini"  /tp=2048  /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\Ednei\OneDrive\Projetos\XXXXXXXX\XXXXXX 2.1\XXXXXX RPG\XXXXXXX.yyp" /arch=3 /bt=run

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (-1)
elapsed time 00:00:14.8809350s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Ednei\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff"  -- Android Run started at 01/31/2017 23:54:04
FAILED : Run Program Complete

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks

Ednei

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
When you get the prompt to save the keystore the expected format is (KS NAME).keystore. The (KS Name) part comes from what you input as the "Common Name" in the preferences. So set the common name and other details that you have left at the default values (like the alias). Also, you DON'T set the file path in the prefs if you are creating the keystore file from scratch. When you generate the new keystore, that path will be filled in with the save location that you choose. If you then move the generated keystore file you can use the path to point to the new location, but initially you don't have to touch it.

As for the error, make sure that the Global Game Settings SDK max/min/target values are correct for the SDK components that you have installed.

Ednei

When you get the prompt to save the keystore the expected format is (KS NAME).keystore. The (KS Name) part comes from what you input as the "Common Name" in the preferences. So set the common name and other details that you have left at the default values (like the alias). Also, you DON'T set the file path in the prefs if you are creating the keystore file from scratch. When you generate the new keystore, that path will be filled in with the save location that you choose. If you then move the generated keystore file you can use the path to point to the new location, but initially you don't have to touch it.

As for the error, make sure that the Global Game Settings SDK max/min/target values are correct for the SDK components that you have installed.
Thanks for the answer. However as it shows the screenshots above when I try to generate a new keystore opens a window that requests to save a file.project when the correct one would be to save a file.keystore.

Would not that be a bug?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Well, it's just the "type" that is suggested as that, so yeah, that's a bug... But the actual file name should still be "<something>.keystore". The important thing here is that the file is named correctly and you can ignore the "project" but underneath. All it means is that the file has to be *.* formatted... SHOULD be *.keystore...

Ednei

Well, it's just the "type" that is suggested as that, so yeah, that's a bug... But the actual file name should still be "<something>.keystore". The important thing here is that the file is named correctly and you can ignore the "project" but underneath. All it means is that the file has to be *.* formatted... SHOULD be *.keystore...
Unfortunately the problem persists. I can not generate a keystore.
I tried to import an old keystore that I use in GM 1.4 (key.keystore) but it did not work.

Ednei

Colleagues from Yoyogames, the GM2 Android module is not generating keystore file. It's a bug.

I partially solved my problem by generating the Keystore in GM 1.4. I put the .keystore file in the folder of my GM2 project. In GM2 in Plataform Settings> Android> Keystore I pointed the Filename to the flle.keystore and filled in all fields with the data used in GM 1.4. Finally I pressed the Apply and ready.

Finally I managed to run my project on the Android Tablet. I used VM and YYC and both worked very well.

I hope this issue is resolved in the next update.