Article Part time Game Development and Life Balance

HayManMarc

(This is an excellent article about balancing your time and increasing productivity. --HMM)

Written by Ben Thumbs

The following includes details on how I have been able to achieve a reasonably successful balance of part-time game development, working full-time, studying a part-time Masters degree, being a husband and being a father of 3 young children. I refer to this as my ‘game development life balance’ (GDLB).

It’s important to remember that everybody is different and what works for me, might not work exactly the same for you, however, hopefully at the very least you’ll be able to pick up a few tips here that will help improve your GDLB. To get where I am now with my GDLB, I’ve been through three major ‘lifestyle’ periods which as a bit of a backstory are as follows:....

Read more at: http://www.bluethumbsgaming.com/#!P...d-life-balance/cznpc/57548faf0cf23167914a44f3

S

Snail Man

Interesting read, and sheds some light on how people with full time jobs and responsibilities can actually get things done!

L

lovareth

wow GDLB did you make that term yourself? will peek into that links later!

R

Robert

Great article, I'm gonna definitely try and improve my lifestyle because I have a regular full time job as a programmer and then in the nights and weekends I spend, literally, all my free-time working on my video game. Over the past 7 months or so pretty much every moment of free-time has been put into developing this game and I can already feel my body suffering from the long tireless nights and non stop computer use.

A

abdsab

I was just this days having the idea to change my habits and wake up earlier instead of working all night, and so this article gave me more inspirations.
Thank's a lot.