Legacy GM Parallax Scrolling with never ending room...

G

Gogulus

Im working on a project where i want to be able to fly inside a very big room. A platformer. I want the bottom of the background to be linear with the room bottom and i want the background to follow my view left and right at a limited speed and at the same time follow very slowly up en down when i get higher or lower with my flying object. And at last do i want to be able to transition from the right side to the left side and from the left side to the right side with the view follow the object at all times. The less noticeable the better. Fly back an fourth.

I have tried a few things and some have working but not together so i would like some advice or guidence how to achive this feature for my game.

C

Chatterb0x

It sounds like you're trying to achieve multiple scrolling layers. Try watching this tutorial:

It uses Drag & Drop, but if you understand each tool it can be written in GML.

I was trying to achieve something similar for my current project. The player object itself doesn't need to move, just the assets around it. Note that screen tearing can be an issue.

G

Gogulus

The flappy balloons projekt helped me alot with the vertical parallax. Thank you. Now my question is how to make the looping from left to right and vice versa without noticing it in my room. I want the view to always stay on the flying object.

G

Gogulus

Think i got it working as i use view[0] and view[1] for following the object. Now i can move endless to right and left without noticing im crossing the room border. Thanks.