• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Parallax Preview in Room Editor

D

Doubbly

So I am currently working on a 2D Platformer in Game Maker Studio 2 and right now have some basic mechanics and visuals, as well as a Parallax Effect on different tile layers.

While the Parallax Effect looks very nice like this, it is a chore to design rooms this way since in the game the layers are moved to different locations than where they were placed in the editor. And there isn't really an easy way of finding out where the layer is going to be after the Parallax Effect was applied, other than testing it in Game.

https://imgur.com/a/wO3wvuz

TL;DR: IS there a handy way of previewing how the Parallax will look inGame in the editor, or are there other room editors that already support this feature?

I don't know if there is a way to actually preview the effect in the room editor, but I can recommend this tool by YellowAfterlife. It lets you change game assets without recompilng the build, and the latest version also supports room reloading.