• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Paint Delete for Room Editor/Right Click to Delete Instance?

Y

YUBSY

I've been playing around with the Room Editor and I noticed that we have a "paint object" feature where you can hold alt and LMB to paint multiple instances. I've been researching around and have not been able to figure out how to delete instances in the room in an "eraser mode" yet. I swore there used to be a shortcut for it before.

Is there a key to hold down to just erase objects you move the mouse over quickly? Like holding right-click and control to quickly delete an instance similiar to the tile editor? It can really mess with the flow having to press the "delete" key on the keyboard every time I want to delete an instance from a room, especially if I need to delete multiple in an irregular shape.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
As far as I'm aware, this is not a feature in GameMaker. It used to be in GameMaker: Studio 1.x and earlier versions, but hasn't been re-added after the GameMaker Studio 2 IDE rewrite.

If you'd like to see this added in the future, please file a feature request: