• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension [PAID] Serial communication DLL

mhermann

I have a side project where I want to send commands via a serial port to an Extron Crosspoint 450 PLUS Matrix RGB video Switch.

Since I know Gamemaker 2.0 fairly well at this point I thought it would be great if I could use it to develop the app.

So I am looking to hire someone to write a DLL that I could use to connect to the Extron and send it commands.

Please PM me or reply here with questions and we can discuss.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
A member named YellowAfterLife has similar experience for a prior project (link), you may want to contact him for a quote.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Indeed - I'd also suggest checking if Arduino DLLworks for you as it is usually only devices with non-standard protocols (e.g. device in that other topic didn't have any terminators for some commands, requiring to read byte-by-byte) that you need a specifically made DLL for.

mhermann

Thanks guys. I will give it a try. I am new to serial connection stuff.

If I need a consultant for a little help, YellowAfterlife, would you be interested? Maybe I pay you by the hour?

Thanks

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
If I need a consultant for a little help, YellowAfterlife, would you be interested? Maybe I pay you by the hour?
Generally yes, though right now it's the end of the year so I'm drowning in work... a bit.