• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer [PAID] Looking for someone to expand on pixel collisions with Tilemaps.

G

Granado

Hi! I'm looking for someone who can expand upon this tutorial for me:

In this video the author is creating height maps from a tilemap for use with tile based collision code. However the scope is quite limited in that he only explains creating height maps from the top down from left to right. What this means is that if I want to use a tilemap for the ceiling or for certain wall types and other directions it does not work.

He does go on to explain that you would need to create different height maps for these directions. What I am looking for is for someone to take the code in that video, perhaps explain it in further detail and then add to it with solid explanation so that I can learn more about tilemaps, buffers, surfaces etc. inside of GMS2.

Contact me via pm with your price if this is something you could do. I am more than willing to pay for well annotated, constructed and expandable code.

I look forward to hearing from you.

G

Granado

So far, any programmers I have contacted have been unwilling or unable to take this challenge! I am offering real financial compensation to the person who can provide me with what I have asked for, I can even offer 50% up front if wanted. If you think you're the person for the job then do not hesitate to contact me.

Cameron

So far, any programmers I have contacted have been unwilling or unable to take this challenge! I am offering real financial compensation to the person who can provide me with what I have asked for, I can even offer 50% up front if wanted. If you think you're the person for the job then do not hesitate to contact me.
I can handle this and have implemented your request in one of my own projects at one point.
I will pm you.

M

Master Maker

I also would be up for the challenge! I've implemented many features like this one before, including optimizing them for speed so they could run every step. I sent you a direct message, and look forward to your response!

Best wishes,
Mason Thompsen