• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer [PAID] GM2 Game Dev Needed for 2D Multiplayer 'MMO' - UK ONLY - £3,350/Month, 28 hours/week

Zeptars

GML Programmer, Multiplayer Game Developer needed

6 Month contract - £3,350 per month - 4 days a week- must be based in United Kingdom.

Our company is looking for a talented programmer based in the UK who is able to work on a 2D multiplayer game we're developing using GameMaker Studio 2. The game has been in development for almost 2 years and a good amount of progress has been made.

However, due to not having the necessary funding until recently we have been unable to hire employees and only freelance developers. Our plan is now to find a great programmer who can help speed up development and release the game later on this year.

We'll need to make sure the successful applicant has the skills required for the job, we'll set up a Discord or Skype call with the freelancer we're currently working with before successful applicant officially begins. That call will take place sometime in early May.

What skills, knowledge and requirements are required?

- GML & concepts of Gamemaker

- NodeJS/JS & Sockets

- General networking concepts

- PHP and linux server administration

- Having GameMaker Studio 2 mobile export helpful

What will I work on?

- Implementing singleplayer mini-games to the world

- Improving upon the features we have in the game

- Improving upon the account system

- Improving upon the backend moderation tools

- and more...

What are the plans after the 6 months?

We believe it will be likely the 6 month contract can be extended if they wish to continue with us but we cannot guarantee this at the moment. Alternatively, a full-time position may be offered.

Job information:

Country: Must be based in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or England.

Work remotely: Yes

Hours: 28 hours a week / 4 days a week

Please comment below if you'd like to take this position. You will need to be available sometime early may to have the interview session with the freelance developer we have, this will help us know if you're suitable for the role.

I'm not a programmer myself so I will be unable to answer any Qs relating to code, this will take place with in the Discord or Skype call with the freelancer, I'm happy to answer any other Qs. Thanks!

NDA involved.

Ampersand

If you are ever interested in working with someone abroad, I am available through the term of this year and possibly longer. I understand the difficulties involved in doing so, however.