• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Package name error

L

Leroy Cochlovius

in game maker 1.4 i had a package name like com.blabla.title_duluxe for example but in game maker 2 i can't do the _ in the package name! and i can't upload game updates to the play store now! do you now a fix????

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Has now been reproduced and fixed. Unfortunately, we're just about to do a release, so this will now be in the next one. http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=27957

In the meantime, you can add the correct package name in the [project save folder]\options\android\options_android.yy file and then build your package. You can then still open Game Options > Android fine, but don't click in any of the package name fields or the IDE will complain about the name and you'll have to hand-edit the file again.

L

Leroy Cochlovius

Has now been reproduced and fixed. Unfortunately, we're just about to do a release, so this will now be in the next one. http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=27957

In the meantime, you can add the correct package name in the [project save folder]\options\android\options_android.yy file and then build your package. You can then still open Game Options > Android fine, but don't click in any of the package name fields or the IDE will complain about the name and you'll have to hand-edit the file again.
Thank you!!

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
And, just to correct myself now that the version is released - the fix DID make it into 2.1.1 after all, so now you can easily change your values in game options, no hand-editing of .yy files required.