• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Overlapping Rooms

C

Coffeepugs

So im pretty new to this, but last time i did the exact same thing and this didnt happen. Basically i have 2 rooms. Both have a warp but only one is currently woriking, which goes from room0 to room1. Instead of swapping rooms, room1 appears in the bottom left corner of the screen and room0 stays visible behind it. How can i fix this? I have no clue

csanyk

Without seeing the code, it's really hard to understand what you're saying. It doesn't sound like you're using rooms the way GMS intends, though. The engine is limited to running one and only one room at a time.

chirpy

It sounds like OP has some persistent objects in the rooms. If it's somewhat intended, you can set the visible flag to false before swapping rooms (before room_goto) to hide the room objects. If it's not intended, then you might need to uncheck the persistent flag on the objects.