Windows Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up

P

ph101

Hiya,

After 4 years' work by myself (code) and my girlfriend Sarah (artwork), i'm hyped to say Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up is launching today into Early Access on Steam.

Description:
Design and build the most efficient metro stations known to man! Excavate. Expand. Set staff priorities. And manage the commuter flow. Overcrowd is a management/tycoon/simulator set below the bustling city of Lubdon Town.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/726110/Overcrowd_A_Commute_Em_Up/

Last edited by a moderator:

JackTurbo

Congrats on shipping!!!

Great to see a GM project go from WIP to release. Hope early access goes well for you guys

M

Misty

Might buy if it was on sale. Interesting concept though, might be useful if politicians see that random gamers are actually better city managers than the current tyrannical senile old farts in charge.

rIKmAN

Hiya,

After 4 years' work by myself (code) and my girlfriend Sarah (artwork), i'm hyped to say Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up is launching today into Early Access on Steam.

Description:
Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up is a tactical management sim set on the metro of bustling city Lubdon Town. It blends base-building, pausable real-time strategy, and spatial puzzling.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/726110/Overcrowd_A_Commute_Em_Up/
I remember seing this a while ago when it was earlier in development, maybe on Twitter?
Did you have a devlog anywhere?

Looks great, congrats on the release!

Sk8dududu

Oh 💩💩💩💩, Greystillplays on YouTube did a video on your game. That's amazing. Serious advertising there. This game is going to take off.

YanBG

Hey man, great job with the isometric engine! I have a problem with the depth sorting and wonder how did you deal with sprites that occupy multiple tiles?

I find it VERY good for someone to actually create throught GameMaker Studio a SimCity type game. The number of "IFs" inside this programming must be impressive. I want to congradulate you for such a big and beautiful project. AND the fact that you are a couple creating this is so fun.

The graphics are superb when looking at it in a pixel/old school way. The details are all there with perfect visuals and design to represent each thing. My only down point is the visuals themselves, I know it's contradicting, but I'll explain. All the Isometric Graphics are on point but everything is, as I mentionned, pixel/old school. There's not a lot of gradients and everything is too bright. Looking at the employee and station management boards, I feel like it's an accountant that's in front of it's books managing. Seeing that we are in a game, an interface a bit more polished and styled would not harm and make it more attractive. The floors and walls, to me, are lame and uninsteresting. I know, it's a subway/train station, but it could use some subtle textures, some smooth shades and shadows along with some worn off or even broken/crumbled areas. The people's shirts and pants have no style, machine's have no shades besides the basic isometric pixel style shades to differentiate the sides.

NOW, that asside. As I said, I am very impressed with the details. You have put energy EVEN in adding stickers to the back of the machins and we can easily identify all elements so I am not bashing the arts at all, I am just saying it could be better, but for a 4 year creation of 2 people, EXCELLENT job and please DO continue. Programming is great and engine is solid. I think that polishing will be done further with maybe upgrades and further versions.

This impressed me and I encourage you and congradulate you for your hard, good and nice work!!! The amount of hours spent creating this shows!!! Bravo!

P

ph101

I find it VERY good for someone to actually create ... The graphics are superb ... everything is too bright ... it's an accountant that's in front of it's books .. lame and uninsteresting ... pants have no style, machine's have no shades besides the basic isometric pixel style shades .... congradulate you for your hard, good and nice work!!!
My emotions reading your post: :):D:confused::rolleyes:o_O

Last edited by a moderator: