• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Outside Room Even Not Registering Correctly (Solved)

The code within the outside room event

Code:
///Destroy upon leaving room

//define if dead or escaped
if !image_speed = 0{
Control.bot_right = "escaped";
}
else{
Control.bot_right = "destroyed";
}

//goodbye
instance_destroy ();
The object falling out the bottom of the screen because it was shot works correctly to destroy the instance and set the variable

The object flying off the top because it wasn't shot and absolutely nothing happening. Variable not set and instance still active

The duck you see on screen is Duck_OBJ, not the Bot_Right instance in question.

Update:

I found the issue

For some bizarre reason the engine decided the path wasn't taking it far enough outside the boundary to register as outside the room so I had to extend the path farther outside the room. I have no idea why it arbitrarily decided outside the room wasn't actually outside the room and made me send the object farther away but it's fixed.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Maybe just edit your title and add "[Solved]" otherwise people are still gonna check this.
If you've already got it working great, no need to add unnecessary code how ever I would then have suggested you check the y axis, if it's below 0 + sprite_offset then destroy the instance.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
For future reference... the Outside Room event takes an instance's assigned sprite and any transformation applied to it into account. If even just one pixel of its sprite, which can be fully transparent, is still inside the room, it won't fire.

For future reference... the Outside Room event takes an instance's assigned sprite and any transformation applied to it into account. If even just one pixel of its sprite, which can be fully transparent, is still inside the room, it won't fire.
Oddly enough I didn't think any of it was still even close to being in the room.