• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Output Window Error when using sound in a sequence

gregb

Hi. I'm building a sequence that includes audio cues. If I run my game without audio in the Sequence, it plays fine. If I add a sound asset to the sequence it will play, but in the output window I get the following message as it compiles:

Cannot find metadata for object of type: Keyframe<AudioKeyframe> going to assume it's Keyframe`1
Cannot find metadata for object of type: AudioKeyframe going to assume it's AudioKeyframe

If I add additional sounds, I get the same messages per sound assets in the sequence.
The sequence currently plays, but something's clearly not right. I'm not using any audiogroups (beyond the default one) and if I remove the sounds, the error messages go away. Thoughts?

gregb

I got a response from YoYo about this:

That warning is showing because the project was created in an older version of the Sequences format, before things were fully finalised. Brand new projects shouldn't see this issue, and projects imported from before the existence of Sequence assets also shouldn't see this issue.

I believe that you can correct this issue and remove the warning by resaving the audio assets.

That doesn't really address the issue. I created a brand new project. A brand new sound asset. And I still get the errors. What's most annoying about this is the following:

Brand new projects shouldn't see this issue, and projects imported from before the existence of Sequence assets also shouldn't see this issue.

These are the two specific cases I have been able to test, and was as clear as I could be about this in my bug report. It's very frustrating. I've reinstalled GMS2 as well. Still getting the errors. I'm basically dead in the water with regard to sequences until I can figure this out.

V

VincentYule

I have the same problem, but the interesting thing is that if I set the room where the sequence is located as the first room, the audio track in the sequence can be played correctly when the game is running, and there is no sound in the audio track in other cases.

gregb

I have gotten confirmation from YoYo that this is indeed a bug and they have included it in their bug database. Here's to hoping for a solution soon. Cheers!

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I'm having the same problem, but with texts:
Code:
Cannot find metadata for object of type: Keyframe<AssetTextKeyframe> going to assume it's Keyframe`1
Apparently this hasn't been fixed. :(

Can't compile with OperaGX YYC because of this...