• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Output error after conversion from GMS 1.4

A

Almericus

Hi guys,

I just bought GMS 2 and imported a GMS 1.4 project and corrected the Syntax and compiler errors but when I try to render the game It seems to compile fine then the following error appears in the Output window.

Please see the error below;

Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1152.6511
Stats : GMA : sp=6,au=7,bk=0,pt=0,sc=1,sh=1,fo=11,tl=0,ob=4,ro=4,da=1,ex=0,ma=76,fm=0x404602800

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:03.3210949s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27/bin/Igor.exe" -options="E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 12/1/2016 9:40:34 PM

I started the application as admin and the project works fine on GMS 1.4.
How do I resolve that issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Almericus

Help me please... I'm desperate..

Last edited by a moderator:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please cut and paste the whole output from the Output Window as there is not enough information in what you have given, is there no error in the Compile Error window?

Russell

A

Almericus

Thank you for your answer Russ, Here is the full output logs. As I stated earlier there is no errors on the compile or syntax;

Saving project to: G:\Almericus\Almericus\Almericus.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27/bin/Igor.exe" -options="E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Pierre-Luc Pilote\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Almericus_6D11CD34\macros.json
OptionsIni
Options: C:\Users\Pierre-Luc Pilote\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Almericus_6D11CD34\platform_options.yy
TargetPreferences: C:\Users\Pierre-Luc Pilote\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Almericus_6D11CD34\preferences.json
Target Options: C:\Users\Pierre-Luc Pilote\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Almericus_6D11CD34\targetoptions.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /gn="Almericus" /td="E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2" /cd="C:\Users\Pierre-Luc Pilote\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Almericus_6D11CD34" /zpuf="C:\Users\Pierre-Luc Pilote\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\taoshumband_928599" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg=default /o="E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2\Almericus_481DF535" /sh=True /optionsini="E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2\Almericus_481DF535\options.ini" /tp=8192 /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "G:\Almericus\Almericus\Almericus.yyp" /bt=run"
Reading project file....G:\Almericus\Almericus
Reading project file....C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'G:\Almericus\Almericus\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
Add included file info : Ingame controls.txt copies to 9223372036854775807
Add included file info : Namorath.txt copies to 9223372036854775807
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\Almericus\Almericus\datafiles\Namorath.txt'.
File name: 'G:\Almericus\Almericus\datafiles\Namorath.txt'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at ...ctor(String _filename, String _dir)
at ..(String , KeyValuePair`2 , Boolean )
at ..(JsonTextReader , String , Boolean )
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2\Almericus_481DF535\Almericus.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=80
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1213.3977
Stats : GMA : sp=6,au=7,bk=0,pt=0,sc=1,sh=1,fo=11,tl=0,ob=4,ro=4,da=1,ex=0,ma=76,fm=0x404602800

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:04.4555740s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.27/bin/Igor.exe" -options="E:\TEMP\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 12/5/2016 12:55:04 PM

A

Almericus

My PC build spec is I5-3570 k 8 gigs of RAM. Crucial SSD, Samsung M.2 SSD. Windows 10 pro. Nvidia GTX 960 2 GB.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
The problem is this line

Code:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\Almericus\Almericus\datafiles\Namorath.txt'.
File name: 'G:\Almericus\Almericus\datafiles\Namorath.txt'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at ...ctor(String _filename, String _dir)
at ..(String , KeyValuePair`2 , Boolean )
at ..(JsonTextReader , String , Boolean )
It looks like there is a missing included file - please copy this by hand to the correct location (something must have happened in the import process), hopefully with this in place then it should be able to get further (to the point of running)

Russell

A

Almericus

Wow I should have seen this!! I removed the included files and the game launch now.
You can consider this resolved!! Thank you very much Russ :)

Now if you'd excuse me I'll spend thousand of hours creating the best game I can with that awesome GM version!

I

infinite_revolver

Hi there. Very new to the site and Gamemaker as well.
I am having the exact same problem as Almericus. Forgive the supersayainnoob level question. Where and how do I copy this code to correct the error? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to getting to know people here.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Hi there. Very new to the site and Gamemaker as well.
I am having the exact same problem as Almericus. Forgive the supersayainnoob level question. Where and how do I copy this code to correct the error? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to getting to know people here.
You copy out the output from the console that appears when you start a build. Then you inspect for lines like the one rwkay showed, those that say "error on line X" or "Exception". Those will usually tell you where the problem is.

PS: One of the things that I absolutely hate seeing novices do on the GMC is bumping up old posts and saying "me too". Way too often their problems turns out to be unrelated to the original topic, and old and potentially outdated information gets pushed back up to the top.