Outline Shader Help

A

Athyral

I have been looking for an outline shader all over the internet and I can't seem to find one that works. I mostly want to use it to outline text as an alternative to drawing text 8 times as it is way too slow to draw. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!

sylvain_l

shaun spaulding intro shader script cover the outline effect. it works. (nee little adjustment if using GMS2 last time I tested it: better if you put the sprite on it's own texture page; because sometime even if you check the automatically crop in the texture groupe page, it did not work -but bug is tricky to reproduce Oo' I assume corrected with last update-)

shaun spaulding intro shader script cover the outline effect. it works. (nee little adjustment if using GMS2 last time I tested it: better if you put the sprite on it's own texture page; because sometime even if you check the automatically crop in the texture groupe page, it did not work -but bug is tricky to reproduce Oo' I assume corrected with last update-)
Same goes to you. The OP asked for a more efficient way of doing it rather than using draw_text 8 times