• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Out of Memory

C

Chriswebb264

For some reason every time I try and add a background to my game, no matter the size, it comes up with a pop-up saying "Out of Memory." I have no idea what is causing it, if you have any ideas, please help :)

PNelly

The community can't help you effectively without some insight into the part of your project that's causing problems. Share the code that you think points to the source of the problem, where it's located, when it's called, etc.

C

Chriswebb264

The community can't help you effectively without some insight into the part of your project that's causing problems. Share the code that you think points to the source of the problem, where it's located, when it's called, etc.
I don believe that it's the code that causing the problem its just whenever I try to add a background.

PNelly

Are you adding the background in the IDE or are you trying to add a background to the game during runtime? If you're having trouble with memory in the IDE I suggest you post your question in tech support rather than programming.

If you're trying to add the background to the game during runtime are you doing it only once or is it in a code block that will be called repeatedly?

T

Ting_Thing

I've had some issues with various file types for backgrounds. I had most success using .png images. But that was a while ago, and GMS may have corrected that issue.